Question on Universal Air Aero Sport bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on Universal Air Aero Sport bags

Trying to figure out if I can make these fit on my current suspension setup.

On all of the websites that sell them I'm reading "Pressure tube must be less then 2.14" in Diameter". My current sleeve-over-coil setup is 60.14mm which comes out to 2.36".

I've been reading some other posts around here like these which make it seem like I'll be alright:

Originally posted by Madface View Post
    . they have an Aerosport bag that is made to fit over any strut that is 2.5" diameter or smaller, a lot of the vip cars are running them over coilovers with no issues.
    Originally posted by Rally View Post
    The strut diameter only has to be larger than 2.14" actually as there is a sleeve inside the bag.

Does anyone know anymore information on these bags?

It is 2.14" in diameter (54.356mm), so no, it would not fit over your coilover sleeve. However, you can also put them on the strut without that sleeve and directly on the strut/shock's spring perch if you needed as long as it's 2.14" or smaller.

The sleeve inside the bag has an ID (inner diameter) of 2.14" so whatever your strut is has to be small enough to fit through it.
    Originally posted by Jesus Christ
    if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
    Originally posted by Jedidiah
    he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Have you measured the I.D. of the bag by chance? or are you pulling that measurement from a site? I sent an email to Universal Air to see if they can accommodate a bigger coilover sleeve (since it's not that much larger). I haven't looked at the inner part of these bags in person.

I'm going to have to measure the strut itself. Since I did "sleeve over strut" I had to grind off the spring seat and the coilover sleeve is resting on a lower perch. I could probably make some sort of spacer to rest on that perch or something if that's the only way to get it done, since resting the bag on the perch would probably be un-drivable even at a high PSI.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattphi View Post
        Thanks for the info!

Have you measured the I.D. of the bag by chance? or are you pulling that measurement from a site? I sent an email to Universal Air to see if they can accommodate a bigger coilover sleeve (since it's not that much larger). I haven't looked at the inner part of these bags in person.

I'm going to have to measure the strut itself. Since I did "sleeve over strut" I had to grind off the spring seat and the coilover sleeve is resting on a lower perch. I could probably make some sort of spacer to rest on that perch or something if that's the only way to get it done, since resting the bag on the perch would probably be un-drivable even at a high PSI.
        I got the 2.14" measurement directly off of Universal Air's site. My 53-54mm coilovers barely fit in there so I'm sure that's the exact specs.
        Originally posted by Jesus Christ
        if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
        Originally posted by Jedidiah
        he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

^^This guy is right the ouside diameter/threaded portion of the coilover tube has to be 2.14 or less anything bigger it will not work..

Comment

x2^^ on what these guys said. I tried it on my 60mm coils, doesnt work.
            killasnapshot

Comment

Awesome, thanks guys. Should be getting my answer tonight when I measure my Koni's tubes.

Comment

here thought this would help and if you want to go that rout i have a set fs as well as compressor and tank and some other misc air ride ish all brand new

Comment

yeah they are snug on their measurements... but if you order the bracket kit it comes with a piece of tube you can slide over your stock housing to elevate the bag if youve cut off the stock perch... if thet makes any sense, and you can trim supplied tube to length to get more low if needed...

Comment

Plush, thanks for those pics...that helped a lot!

Originally posted by LuckyBoyOne3 View Post
                    yeah they are snug on their measurements... but if you order the bracket kit it comes with a piece of tube you can slide over your stock housing to elevate the bag if youve cut off the stock perch... if thet makes any sense, and you can trim supplied tube to length to get more low if needed...
                    This is exactly what I was thinking. I'm guessing you're familiar with the "Sleeve over shock" coilovers. I've seen many Bimmer guys do it, and that's one of the few options we have for Volvos. Here are a couple pics below. Since the stock spring seat has been grinded off and the coilover sleeve slide over the shock, I can probably remove the coilover sleeve and slide the bag over, resting it on the bottom perch. (Which I'm pretty sure is what you're saying) Just need to get to a lift to get my measurements!

Comment

Plush, thanks for those pics...that helped a lot!
                      yeah no problem these bags are fs if you want them they are brand new never used

Comment

Originally posted by plush View Post
                        yeah no problem these bags are fs if you want them they are brand new never used
                        Once I get the diameter of my struts I might take you up on that offer.

Comment

Once I get the diameter of my struts I might take you up on that offer.
                          yeah just let me know if you have any more questions holla at your boy...lol

Comment

Any word on the diameter of the struts to see if this is all going to work together?

Follow Me On Instagram! @jvc8790 #jvcphotography

Comment

Originally posted by JVC View Post
                              Any word on the diameter of the struts to see if this is all going to work together?
                              From what I've found out, the bags will fit over the Koni Yellows. These dimensions came from a guy on Volvospeed, but I would like to measure them myself. Also I need to get my car up on a lift/alignment machine to see if I'll have enough clearance on the sides when the bags are in place. They are a little over 5" wide when in place.

Once my buddy gets back in town, I'll get it up in the air and check some things out.

Comment

Working...
                              X