Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member - E36 - VIC Melb

Hey guys

picked up an e36 during the week. I've always loved the shape of the car. Have previously owned an E39 MSport and currently an E53 X5 3.0 diesel. This has been a refreshing change to the X5 as it's (comparatively) so light and nimble and easy to navigate through traffic.

Downside is that it's only a 318is manual, and it's got juuuuust enough power to keep up with traffic, but my plan was always to buy a clean base suitable for an engine swap down the track.

It was a bit of an impulse buy, but the previous owner had done a lot of hard work and kept the car in exceptional condition with super low mileage.

Plan for now is to just replace a few perished rubbers (door handles, rear window seals) and probably throw a set of BC Coilovers under it. Medium term to get my hands on a set of Oz Futura's or ACS Type I's - working with a mate in Germany to see if we can get around the drug money prices they charge locally for a used set....

Long term, motor swap....probably LS but also possibility of RB/JZ engines....but that's 12-18 months off. Just enjoying it for now!

Can't go wrong with a 2 door E36!

What do you call drug money for some nice local ACS 1's(you do mean here when you say locally)? Shipping from Germany will be a killer, it's not as cheap as it was a few years ago and our dollar is rooted to the Euro, so you wouldn't save a huge amount I wouldn't think.

Comment

Originally posted by Beware View Post
      Can't go wrong with a 2 door E36!

What do you call drug money for some nice local ACS 1's(you do mean here when you say locally)? Shipping from Germany will be a killer, it's not as cheap as it was a few years ago and our dollar is rooted to the Euro, so you wouldn't save a huge amount I wouldn't think.
      Prices seem to vary based on condition of course, but I'm happy to rebuild a set if needed.

But from ebay.de I can see good sets of Futura's selling for around the 1k mark in the right sizes. AC's are a bit more. I'd like to get a set landed under $2k.

Comment

By the time you rebuild a $2k(landed) set you'll be up to what they sell for here anyway, probably beyond. I sold my ACS 1's with tyres in immaculate condition(as seen on the E24 in my sig) for $2400. Specs are a bit wild for an E36, but that's what they're going on!!

Is that 1k mark, AUD or Euro, if AUD then landed for sub-$2k easy, if it's Euro you'll be pretty close if not over $2k.

Comment

$1k AUD

This set was bang on, specs, flush center caps etc - but sold before I could suss out getting my friend to handle the courier arrangements between Germany and Auz

I saw the specs on your set - a 10.5 rear on an e36 with such low offsets should be interesting ! Great looking wheels though.

Comment

You'll still need some decent camber and guard work to get a 10 +19 on the back, with a good stretch too. Zane has serious amounts of camber, majorly pulled guards and will probably stretch a 215 on my old 10.5's(which are +0)....but he's had 10.5's on the back before which were my old Breytons at +6, so only a little more poke on the ACS.

That's pretty good for $1k though.

Comment

Working...
            X