makin Tein basics lower...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• makin Tein basics lower...

a few guys mentioned this in my thread of my car, so ill just post a new thread and ask here. i have a 05 Altima with Tein basic coilovers. they dont have any settings besides the up/down rings. so a few people told me to remove the spring perches, which i guess are the second locking rings to set adjustments. how would i go about removing them, or if i did can i still raise my car in the winter to clear snow? i could just keep using my GF's Lesabre instead lol somebody help me cause i could use a little more low in the front. something tells me the coilovers i got are meant for a 3.5 V6, not for my 2.5 4cyl so the motor aint weighing it down enough. thanks guys i REALLY appreciate any good help.

It is not safe to remove the locking collar unless the perch is all the way down. If you need to be able to raise it up in the winter, I suggest contacting Tein and ordering a shorter spring. Another option is to install camber plates if you haven't, some of them will lower the car up to another inch.
    Last edited by JSanders; 06-01-2010, 10:57 AM.

Comment

ya i might check into that. u know if its hard to swap out the springs in and out of the coilover?

Comment

hit em up for some springs

pic provided by a guy on DriveAccord whom retrofitted a kit that tein is to release for 8th gen accords on SS's.

Comment

Originally posted by staytuned05 View Post
          ya i might check into that. u know if its hard to swap out the springs in and out of the coilover?

It's not hard. Did you install the coilovers yourself?

Comment

no my local shop did. they usually do airbags and hydros so im sure they would do "custom" work. i dont have the tools to install/uninstall myself but im sure with my friends help i mgiht be able to pull it off. just hope they dont charge too much for 2 springs. should i tell them i need springs for a 4cyl? i dont mean to sound like such a newbie lol just wana be sure of things since its my daily and i dont have too much cash to spare. the Teins were 600 used

Comment

It might be better for you to source the springs yourself so you don't end up with a ridiculously soft spring rate or something.

Comment

im about to just cut out the extra spring perch.... cause i dont plan on raising it. especially if im still checkin out this site and feeding my addiction to LOW lol

Comment

Working...
                X