sigh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sigh

So I broke a bolt, again. This time is was an extended lugnut from my 18mm spacers. I put my 17ins back on but didnt tighten the lugs fully since I wasnt going to be driving it all weekend. I moved it a foot to put my front wheels on bricks so I could fit a jack under the sideskirt. Went to go tighten the back and the bolt kept on turning.

I usually tighten till it stops but it kept going then snap. Should I replace all of them or just the one that broke?

Tis a good question. I'm not totally sure by your explanation as to what happened, but if that one broke, I'd consider replacing them all. Better safe than sorry, especially when you're talking about holding your wheels on.

Comment

Just replace the 5, thats what I'd do anyway

Comment

Basically put the wheel on semi tightened the bolts
        lowered car back down and it sat for a weekend
        went to tighten them and the first one broke off

Thats probably what im going to do

Comment

Idk bout u guys but it is showing the bolts are old. If u have the $ just replace the bolts on all wheels. Like mike said better safe than sorry

Comment

No torque wrench? Bolts stretch, they're designed to do that. What you did was take it past it's yield point, at which time the bolt deforms but is no longer elastic and does so permanently. Over and over again until it stretches so much that it breaks. If you currently don't torque bolts properly, I'd suggest replacing all of them, and at the same time purchasing a proper torque wrench.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

I guess ill be picking up a torque wrench and new bolts. Thanks for the info

Does anyone know how long extended bolts would be for 18mm spacers?

Comment

Working...
              X