Racing seat suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing seat suggestions.

So im in the market to replace my worn drivers side Comfort seat. Do people have relatively cheap suggestions? Id rather keep the passenger a stock because its cheaper and doesnt render the rear seat useless like some fixed back setups.

I'll certainly consider pretty much any idead you throw out. Including doing them with black plaid inserts

Flickr

Status seats aren't cheap, but they do custom colors including suede and whatnot, and you can get cf/kevlar backs.......so they're way badass, but might be a bit over the top for what your looking for.
    MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
    Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

My personal favourite in the racing seat department is the 997 GT3RS seat.
      Mucho expensive, but looks absolutwly kick-ass and they're comfortable too.
      |Proper stance and stretch = An acquired taste|

Comment

retro fitting sport seats is a good option as well.

umm corbeau has a nice one. its the gtsII

Comment

Originally posted by bataangpinoy View Post
          retro fitting sport seats is a good option as well.

umm corbeau has a nice one. its the gtsII
          Sport seats weigh a ton though. Not to mention im picky when it comes to interior and sport seats almost always have bad bolsters and sometimes worn foam, which doesnt accomplish much for me.

Thanks for the feedback guys, ill have to think on it some more. i dont really wanna drop alot on the seats as im planning a swap

Flickr

Comment

Just go to browse the Corbeau site
            Last edited by SeanDub; 08-01-2009, 01:27 PM.

Comment

You're planning a swap?!

Comment

yeah turbo i motor remember? haha. probably not this summer. And Sean ive been looking. One of my buddes has 2 of the fixed back seats. not bad for the price

Flickr

Comment

They'll be the best bang for our buck, I think

Comment

sport seat dont weigh all that much. im redoing my set in suede. i got the kit from the artisan on e30tech.

Comment

ive got a bride zeta 2 that im goin to throw into my car when i get a bit of time.
                      are you looking for a fixed back or recliner?

Comment

yeah corbeau would be good.

Sport seats arent really cheap after you buy anice set, or make them nice.

and i could go fixed back.

Flickr

Comment

Unless you go with a GOOD(read more expensive) fixed back it is not going to be comfy for a daily drive.

I rock Corbeau FX1 Pro Driver and FX1 Pro Passenger in the M3. Fine for track days or driving to and form the track(With a memory foam pillow). But if you are getting in and out and to and from school and work and whatever. It sucks.

Get a racetech or something super comfy and super nice so you can deal with it. Also the fixed back driver and stock passenger is gangster. Don't do that

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
                            Also the fixed back driver and stock passenger is gangster. Don't do that

+1
                            |Proper stance and stretch = An acquired taste|

Comment

Well its not really a DD. The majority of the time is spent in garage (or hangar) if i do bith seats, they have to recline ghen, because i want to still use the rear seat. and at the price of 2 nice recliners, id rather rock a squishy comfort. my freind DDs a pair of fixed back corbeaus, says he likes it just fine. ive ridden in them for 45 minutes which is about my commute,and he has a harsher ride. so i think i can get away with it.

Plus, if youve driven a yj jeep daily, ANYTHING in an e30 is better.

If a nice set of sports turns up, i may do that as well.

Ill do some reasearch
                              Last edited by Stephen; 08-01-2009, 06:20 PM.

Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X