Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious Air Lift / Accuair Elevel handling problems - E92 335i

Hi Guys,

I have been running my BMW E92 335i on full airlift bags, shocks and rear arms along with Accuair Elevel management.

Everything works really well and the comfort, corner handling etc is fantastic.

BUT

When i accelerate hard from about 60mph to 130mph+ the rear end squats and pulls and pushes in different directions. I can't keep the car straight at all, so i have to keep backing off the gas.

It is really dangerous and quite scary when it happens and I just cant put the power down.

I had some theories as to why this was but I am not sure what to do.

I thought it may be because of unequal pressures in the bags?

Accuair thought it was because of having too low pressure in the bags...

It could be my alignment... but that seems absolutely fine.

I have no idea what to do guys... has anyone every experienced this issue?

Many Thanks

Josh

Sounds more likely an alignment issue. Make sure you have some toe in when the suspension compresses. Have you had the car aligned after the air install?

Lower than you......http://www.airliftperformance.com/

Comment

Does it only do it when accelerating and thereby squatting? Like cruising at high speed is it ok?

Could the e level be trying to adjust for the squat? 60-130 takes a several seconds if you're stock-ish and not running crazy HP.

Are the shocks adjustable? Could you stiffen them up and see if it helps?

I remember reading an article in European Car mag about the Brabus EV12 how they took the factory air ride out and went to coils because the air ride computer did weird things and couldn't react fast enough past 150 or something...

Wonder if the E level is trying to do something...

Come to think of it, my mom's e90 335 sport pack doesn't really squat. Could the bag's spring rates be wacky at speed?

Edit: If you air the car up to your usual height and then turn off or unplug the e level does the problem persist?
      Last edited by DER E30; 04-10-2015, 01:39 AM.
      -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
      '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
      '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

Working...
      X