Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• San Diego SW Crew Check In

Hey SD,

I know there's a fair few of us on here, so I wanted to see how many would be up for a monthly meet? I'm here through August (then back to school in CO), but it'd be great to hang with some other stance-aholics while I'm around. Where's a good, central meeting place? I'm thinking somewhere in Clairemont or around the 5/805 split by UTC? There's a big parking lot, but not much in the way of food, so maybe we meet up first, then drive to get food somewhere else? How does the first Tuesday of the month sound?

Throw some ideas out here, guys. I'm open to whatever!

- Puma

sigpic
    Chi va piano va sano e lontano...
    • MINI is sold. Next project? • E28 Build Thread

a common meet spot for various, and i mean VARIOUS car clubs ... is fusion cafe (now called pho fusion):

8038 Clairemont Mesa Blvd.
    San Diego, CA 92111
    Neighborhood: Kearny Mesa
    (858) 278-1224

i know teh owner personally and he is fine w/ car meets (as long as we behave)

Comment

La Jolla checking in. Been to the Fuzion meets,and I like it a lot! However, come nighttime it gets kinda dark and hard to see rides/talk to ppl. Not much lighting in that lot.

Anyone been attneding the Wed. night Lolitas meets, also off claremont mesa? The parking lot is DEFINITELY bigger, but not sure about the lighting.

I am down to help put some sort of SW meet together, let me know how I can help Puma!

-Jake

"Auto Detailing by Jake," servicing the Southern California auto enthusiast community.

Detailing Dough --> College dues. Which leaves $____ for e36. D'oh.

Comment

I'm good with Pho Fusion, but it'd be nice to have a well lit parking lot to park in and check out the cars that show. Unfortunately, there aren't many places with white lights in their lots. Most stuff is yellow, which doesn't reflect well on some cars (namely, mine haha). Is there anywhere with a parking garage that we could eat at? Maybe Uno's Pizza at Fashion Valley? There's a big ass garage next to it that we could park in or on the top floor and walk downstairs to the restaurant. I'm gonna start PM'ing anyone that mentions San Diego in their posts here haha...

Jake - where in LJ are you? I live in the shores...

sigpic

Comment

theres GOT TO BE more than 3 of us ... lol

Comment

Haha... There is. They just don't seem to check for these threads. Start PMing anyone who has SD in their location about this.

sigpic

Comment

comin' out of the cardiff/encinitas area. definitely down for some kind of meet, maybe mondays? i like the UTC idea

Comment

Im in SD but Im not stanced so I can't play with you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Puma View Post
                  Haha... There is. They just don't seem to check for these threads. Start PMing anyone who has SD in their location about this.
                  lets do it bro, imma pm everyone is ee w/ sd in their info!

Originally posted by cocomA4zzy View Post
                  comin' out of the cardiff/encinitas area. definitely down for some kind of meet, maybe mondays? i like the UTC idea
                  im down w/ mondays! (sun/mon are my days off work!)

Originally posted by NotSoFlush View Post
                  Im in SD but Im not stanced so I can't play with you guys.
                  neither am i, but its all good!!! u can still play

Comment

Im from PQ and down for meets on any night or weekend days. Theres a few more people on here from PQ so i'll pm them and see if they can come out.

Originally posted by TheJakeR View Post
                    La Jolla checking in. Been to the Fuzion meets,and I like it a lot! However, come nighttime it gets kinda dark and hard to see rides/talk to ppl. Not much lighting in that lot.

Anyone been attneding the Wed. night Lolitas meets, also off claremont mesa? The parking lot is DEFINITELY bigger, but not sure about the lighting.

I am down to help put some sort of SW meet together, let me know how I can help Puma!

-Jake
                    I've gone 2-3 within the last few months and its pretty good. The bmw community holds bi-weekly meets at Lolitas and there seems to be a few VIP cars that roll through too. Sometimes the xB crew meets there too. Its a bigger parking lot and the lighting is ok, but could be better.
                    -Bill

Comment

So who feels like doing a meet tomorrow? UTC parking lot across from the Sears?

sigpic

Comment

Tommorrow - every other weds:

Thurs - monthly (1st thurs of teh month)

Pat and Oscars Parking Lot in Mission Valley
                        8590 Rio San Diego Dr.
                        San Diego 92108

Comment

I can't do the one tonight, but tomorrow's works. I'll see if I can't roll in for that.

sigpic

Comment

tommorrow = the only meet i never miss. u guys gotta roll out!!!

Comment

Alright. Just come find me when the MINI rolls in!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X