Serious rubbing issue. Need advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serious rubbing issue. Need advice.

Hey guys, I have a build thread on here. Just so you're familiar, this is my car.

Ok. Now I maxed out my Coilovers in the front, the collars are all still on, and I'm having a serious rubbing issue on my front drivers side. Where my fender meets my bumper is where the problem is.

The corner isn't rolled, because when I rolled my fenders I didn't unhook the bumper from the fender so I couldn't reach that point, and there's a huge connector in the way. I heated it up and beat it with a rubber happier and that didn't seem to work either. Maybe I didn't hear it up or beat it enough. Who knows. But, I also have McPherson Struts so if I buy camber bolts I only get 1.75 degrees of camber play, apparently. So I'm stuck. I ordered bumper quick release fasteners and I'm going to try those and maybe beat out the corner. Also, my hub is to low for my fender roller to fit. It is about 2 inches above my fender. So that's not good. But does anyone have any pointers? Or if I confused you, Lemme know so I can fix it. I'm just stuck.
    Last edited by Nola_Zetec; 03-23-2015, 10:58 PM.
    2011 Ford Fiesta
    Instagram: @chase__lawler

You might try a deadblow rather than a rubber hammer. Or do like I did and roll your fenders with a sledge and vice grips

But, the way that wheel appears to be fitting in the front, I'd be seriously looking at something more than just rolling those fenders, which I don't think are going to completely cut it. You might have to pull the fenders a bit, you might have to invest in camber plates if you don't already run them, or you might have to look at reducing the offset of those wheels.

Comment

smaller tyres
      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
        You might try a deadblow rather than a rubber hammer. Or do like I did and roll your fenders with a sledge and vice grips

But, the way that wheel appears to be fitting in the front, I'd be seriously looking at something more than just rolling those fenders, which I don't think are going to completely cut it. You might have to pull the fenders a bit, you might have to invest in camber plates if you don't already run them, or you might have to look at reducing the offset of those wheels.

Oh man. I would love to buy some camber plates. I would throw my money at them. But nobody makes camber plates for the 2011 Ford Fiesta. And my fenders are pushed out a good bit. Where the bumper and fender meet, that corner is so tough to pull. So it's still basically sitting in its original spot, the rest of the fender is pulled. Which is why it's rubbing in only that spot.
        2011 Ford Fiesta

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post
          smaller tyres

I just bought these Toyos!!! 😫
          2011 Ford Fiesta

Comment

Originally posted by Nola_Zetec View Post
            Oh man. I would love to buy some camber plates. I would throw my money at them. But nobody makes camber plates for the 2011 Ford Fiesta. And my fenders are pushed out a good bit. Where the bumper and fender meet, that corner is so tough to pull. So it's still basically sitting in its original spot, the rest of the fender is pulled. Which is why it's rubbing in only that spot.
            You may be able to adapt different camber plates if you're clever.

It sounds like you've got a spot where the metal folds to create a bumper mounting tab, so the mounting tab, fender face, and fender lip are creating a sort of "box" that's going to be impossible to fold via normal means. If that's what's going on, you might have to put a slit across the fold where the lip and the bumper mounting tab meet and then try again. Or just cut out the fender lip in that section.

Comment

You may be able to adapt different camber plates if you're clever.

It sounds like you've got a spot where the metal folds to create a bumper mounting tab, so the mounting tab, fender face, and fender lip are creating a sort of "box" that's going to be impossible to fold via normal means. If that's what's going on, you might have to put a slit across the fold where the lip and the bumper mounting tab meet and then try again. Or just cut out the fender lip in that section.

Exactly correct! There's a connection tab with three screws in it that in pretty sure is reinforcing that spot. I ordered quick releases that come in on Friday and I was going to try to cut out that tab and just use the quick releases. But I don't know how I would cut it.
              2011 Ford Fiesta

Comment

A Dremel with a cutoff wheel would be my first choice. Depending on how it's all mounted up, you may be able to get away without having to install quick releases, which would be my preference were it my car, since they look just completely awful.

Comment

A Dremel with a cutoff wheel would be my first choice. Depending on how it's all mounted up, you may be able to get away without having to install quick releases, which would be my preference were it my car, since they look just completely awful.
                  I wouldnt mind having to use them. Im going to try to just notch it so I can pull it out. If its sturdy I wont use the quick releases. But if I need them im going to have to use them. Whenever I do stuff like this I get super nervous. i really dont want to f**k up my car with a dremel. Ill try to post a picture of the setup if i can get my camera to it. Im at shcool so i dont have all my tools, they are at home in New Orleans, I only go home on the weekends soooo. Thanks alot for the pointers man. This is my first stance project. I had a hooptie, a monte carlo on 22s, and a lifted f150. So this is my first stance build.
                  2011 Ford Fiesta

Comment

Working...
                  X