This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• airride hardlines, need quick help!

hi, i would like some help with a hardline setup for my golf mk6 , I will only have hardlines in the trunk and then ordinary plastic tubing under the floor of the trunk . my problem is that I do not know where I can buy stainless steel pipe or fittings.
    Then I dont know what sizes the pipe will have on the inside and the outside( dimensions) I run 2x viair 444c and autopilot v2 with 1/4" connections.
    what I need (what I think) is : 10 foot stainless steel tube that fits 1/4 " connectors on the valve package , compressors , and the tank. I also need the fittings between the stainless steel pipe from the valve package to the usual plastic pipes under the floor (4 pieces ) and also between the compressor and tank and from the tank o the valve package. I am using Google Translate and my bad English, but I hope you can understand what I mean. Best regards

I recommend using aluminum rather than stainless. It'll polish up the same, but aluminum is compatible with both PTC fittings and compression, whereas stainless will not work well with PTC in my experience.

I also recommend using 3/8" if you can, since it's more widely-available and, IMO, looks a little nicer. Bag Riders has both 3/8" aluminum and stainless.

Since you have a V2 system, you can use a 1/4" PTC to 3/8" PTC plug-in expander on each port to adapt up to 3/8" line, if there's enough room.

Elsewhere, I recommend compression fittings wherever you can, and the exact fitting will depend on what you're attaching the hard line to. X" MNPT to 3/8" compression fittings are what you'll need for your threaded connections, with the NPT size obviously corresponding to the size of the port on the tank and the compressors.

For passage through the floor, you can use a PTC-PTC bulkhead fitting, or better yet, a 3/8" compression to 1/4" FNPT bulkhead fitting combined with a 1/4" MNPT to X" PTC fitting, or a 1/4" MNPT to X" PTC swivel elbow, where the PTC size is the size of your plastic air lines.

Comment

Could u please help med out with a shopping list? I need about 10ft 3/8" ALU pipe. Then 5 1/4" to 3/8" ptc plug-in expender, then 2 1/4" to 3/8" compression fittings for my viair 444c. But what about then? What More do i need? Sorry, im a newbie

Comment

Originally posted by kalleteodor View Post
        Could u please help med out with a shopping list? I need about 10ft 3/8" ALU pipe.
        Yeah, or more or less depending on your setup. Bag Riders sells in 3' increments, which are a good size to work with.

Then 5 1/4" to 3/8" ptc plug-in expender
        Or six if you want to route the exhaust off the V2 manifold as well. I'd do that just for the sake of visual symmetry.

then 2 1/4" to 3/8" compression fittings for my viair 444c
        Correct. Are you going to use the Viair leader hose, or are you going to stick a check valve on the compressor head and thread the compression fitting into that?

But what about then? What More do i need? Sorry, im a newbie
        What tank are you running and what kind of ports does it have? I think it would be best if you drew up a diagram of what you've got and how you want the lines to be run.

Comment

thanx for the help, i got a airlift 5 gallon tank, and yes, i gonna skip the viair leaders.
          [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Starting with the compressors, since you're not running the Viair leader hose, you'll need an aftermarket check valve. I like the SMC ones. Thread a 1/4" MNPT x 1/4" MNPT hex nipple into the head, then a 1/4" FNPT check valve. Into the other end of the check valve, thread a 1/4" MNPT x 3/8" compression fitting and attach the hard line to that.

On the tank, the 3/8" ports will receive a 3/8" MNPT x 3/8" compression fitting. The 1/4" ports will receive a 1/4" MNPT x 3/8" compression fitting.

At each passage through the floor, you'll use one of the bulkhead fitting options I outlined earlier in the thread.

You'll also have to find a place to mount a safety valve. On the right side of the tank, you've got a hard line that goes nowhere, and this might be a good place to mount a safety valve. If you use just a 3/8" compression x 1/4" FNPT bulkhead fitting, a standard safety valve will thread right into the bottom.

I also recommend you find a place to mount either an inflation valve or a female air hose connector so that should your compressors fail to come on you can fill the tank. This is optional, however.

Comment

Working...
            X