airride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• airride

Im on fk coils rite now, but im looking to do bags in july. I had a question about it, i live on long island and winter is pretty bad, will the bags be good in the shitty snow and ice weather? and what are some good bags? i found some on ecs for about 1500 but not to sure if there good or not. thanks in advance for your help!

Originally posted by sketchymark View Post
    Im on fk coils rite now, but im looking to do bags in july. I had a question about it, i live on long island and winter is pretty bad, will the bags be good in the shitty snow and ice weather? and what are some good bags? i found some on ecs for about 1500 but not to sure if there good or not. thanks in advance for your help!
    Bro i'm on statenisland & we got killed with snow this year.this was my first year on bags & the only problem i had was frozen valves but after about 2-3 mins i was good to go,i could've prevented the frozen valves with antifreeze but i was lazy....i'm on coilovers & uas bags which i love as far as other bags i heard good things about bagyard.

Comment

thanks alot bro! im going to look into those bag's. did you install the bags yourself or do you know anyone around us who can?

Comment

I'm on Long Island and have had airride on my car for over a year now. Drove it all winter, no problems related to the cold weather. You just need to run airbrake antifreeze in your tank and lines to ensure you don't get any water freezing up in them. I would steer clear of that ECS kit as it's super basic and you can piece together a kit with quality components for a similar price.

What do you drive? I have friends who do airride installs and have had my hand in a few as well

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
        Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

Just look at all the big rigs cruising the highways all winter long. They're all on air. You should be fine.
          “The first race was conceived when the second car was built.”

+ Josh @ BlownEuros

Comment

Originally posted by aar0n. View Post
            I'm on Long Island and have had airride on my car for over a year now. Drove it all winter, no problems related to the cold weather. You just need to run airbrake antifreeze in your tank and lines to ensure you don't get any water freezing up in them. I would steer clear of that ECS kit as it's super basic and you can piece together a kit with quality components for a similar price.

What do you drive? I have friends who do airride installs and have had my hand in a few as well
            ill deff check out some other kits then, if you or your friends can install it that would be great i drive a 2010 jetta

Comment

Yeah we could definitely do that. Just one suggestion, don't get the Airlift rear bags because they're incredibly difficult to install with a lot of cutting and notching involved, namely the upper and lower spring cups so once you use those bags, far as I can tell, you can't go back to a normal spring or coilover setup

Flickr

Comment

thanks alot bro! im going to look into those bag's. did you install the bags yourself or do you know anyone around us who can?
                Yeah me & someone else did my install.like someone said look @ all the big rigs on the road they're riding on bags,just add antifreeze & your good.

Comment

Yeah we could definitely do that. Just one suggestion, don't get the Airlift rear bags because they're incredibly difficult to install with a lot of cutting and notching involved, namely the upper and lower spring cups so once you use those bags, far as I can tell, you can't go back to a normal spring or coilover setup
                  ok so just look into front bags? and keep my rear coils?
                  thanks alot for the help guys!

Comment

ok so just look into front bags? and keep my rear coils?
                    thanks alot for the help guys!
                    no, just dont get the airlift rear bags, use different rear bags.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

ohh ok thanks

Comment

Yeah just get different ones, those Airlifts are absurd, bolt-on my ass lol

Flickr

Comment

Yeah just get different ones, those Airlifts are absurd, bolt-on my ass lol
                          haha yeah, the only ones i found were the airlifts on ECS but other euro sites they dont even have air suspension

Comment

Working...
                          X