Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I got my adapters!!!

And by damn it they arent working out!

The driver side is ok. Gotta roll the fenders better, possibly cut it instead.

But the other side is dead against my fender. Pushes it out a bit even.

I didnt get a alignment yet but why would one side do this after lowering the car? Its like it has positive camber on that side.

215s will cure it

AmberLamps..... Get rid of them!

Comment

Who makes cheap 215/35/19's?

I dont know what I wanna do. I dont wanna lose more rubber. This car sucks riding hard like this. I wanted to try to get a bit more cushion ultimately in the end. If I hit a fair sized bump even by lowered standards my ABS and trac control lights glow for a day or two as it is,...lol!

If I add more negative camber the wheels gunna sink in again not?

I got 30mm for the fronts and 1" for the rear. Im gunna try the 1" adapters up front and see how those look.

I only checked the driver side and it looked cool so I took it around the block and the paint turned a bit yellow on that passenger fender already

I dont know how you guys that say you blow smoke while driving do it!
      Last edited by Lux; 05-24-2010, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Ok, so I put the 1" adapter up front and I still sit against the fender.

Whats causing this?

Anyone run into this problem before? The studs on the hub have been trimmed with the 1" adapters and the adapter and wheel all sit flush.

But when I put the wheel back on without the adapters it sit as far back in the fender as the other side does.

How can I add more negative camber on a 2000 Lincoln LS?

Comment

Congrulations and welcome to the wonderful world of process of illimintation. I agree with the 215 comment. Most tire compnys make a 215/35/19. 215 is the skinniest tire i could find but it did the trick on my 19x8.5 wheels. How wide are your front wheels? I actually have a pair of 25/35/19 452s for sale in the classifieds right now.

Comment

Im running 19x8.5 all around.

Im just stunned by how much more negative in camber one side is from the other.

I know I need a stretch but regardless somethings wrong that needs attention and that boggles my mind.

I'll take a look at those tires then. I got a great place to get tires local though so I dont know. They match all competitors online or local business but I doubt they would match yours,..lol!

The cheapest I found was a Cooper in that size but Im not fond of Coopers and I know its gunna be like pulling teeth to get them to mount them for me.

Now, if I do a 215/40 would that defeat the purpose or would I still have a good stretch? I wanna do it in the rear where I dont have to worry about turning and rubbing.

Comment

Since no one has stanced a Lincoln LS before no one knows what the suspension set up is, but probably you should take it to an alignment shop and they will tell you whats wrong with your camber issues, 215 40s would work also with rolled fenders

AmberLamps..... Get rid of them!

Comment

Originally posted by cabezzz View Post
                Since no one has stanced a Lincoln LS before no one knows what the suspension set up is, but probably you should take it to an alignment shop and they will tell you whats wrong with your camber issues, 215 40s would work also with rolled fenders
                probably cause it sucks to pull off!

At least Im doin it with patience. I gotta say, I honestly haven't dumped much into it project wise. I still have yet to catch up to the dollar amount I spent on common errors made by the factory. That was a nightmare.

Im sure people have dealt with similar.

Its a SLA front and rear ( short long arm double wish bone ).

I have aftermarket camber correct kits from Eibach and word on the streets is they suck and wont provide much negative camber at all.

I have no rear options at all except toe which I have done myself in the past when my wheels got stolen.

Comment

Ok, now its getting to me. Someone add some input here.

Is there some simple geometry that I fail to apply here.

This is the rear end with a 1" adapter.... ( yes I let the grinder slip..lol)

and here is the opposite side.....

Why does the side with the adapter lo like its higher? Now I need to go lower to tuck tire which is gunne be very hard.

Comment

The wheel is pushed out closer to the fender so ther is no/less shadow which makes it appear less low.

Comment

Really? Thats odd that something like that is all thats doing it.

Its almost as if I could actually measure it.

I think I might measure the fender to the side wall of the tire for my own reference.

I was thinking something like just a shadow but it really does seem a lot lower without the adapter. I even got compliments on the tire tucking,...lol!

I kinda like where the front sits on the driver side in that very first picture.

Comment

An alignment would take care of the obvious possibility that you simply have more different amounts of camber.

Comment

Originally posted by Lux View Post
                          Really? Thats odd that something like that is all thats doing it.

Its almost as if I could actually measure it.

I think I might measure the fender to the side wall of the tire for my own reference.

I was thinking something like just a shadow but it really does seem a lot lower without the adapter. I even got compliments on the tire tucking,...lol!

I kinda like where the front sits on the driver side in that very first picture.
                          Ok I gotcha, you are asking about the difference in fender gap from driver's side to passenger's side, NOT why your car looks less low after you installed the adapters. My bad, I don't have any idea. Sorry.

Comment

Step 1: Alignment
                            Step 2: ???

There should be (from what I seen at least on other cars) a bolt that adjusts camber and toe. You could have messed with it on one side and not the other without knowing it? Since you dropped it, you should get it aligned anyway since it ads toe/camber. From the looks of that, it looks like camber should be pretty noticeable if you stand back and look.

Another option would run some smaller tires.

-Dan

Comment

Yeah, I been meaning to get the alignment done. Cant find anyone that would touch the car this low within 60 miles. Not yet at least. Im about to get the camber caster correct kit and read up on how to do it myself.

This entire state sucks ass.

The toe I did myself but the camber I didnt think would be a big deal since its negative gain when you lower it.

Im about to fool with the front more today. I got the rear all done now and theirs no way to dial in the camber back there. I gotta DIY something for the rear somehow.

If anyone has a good link with a how to on alignments shoot it to me man.

From the looks of that, it looks like camber should be pretty noticeable if you stand back and look.
                              Thats whats bugging me. Without the adapters on you dont see any difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X