anybody notched chassis leg to go lowww

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody notched chassis leg to go lowww

hi im having a few problems, ive got a low seat leon cupra on coils wind right down but a problem started with the roll bar, ive recently removed this and dropped it more to come on another problem of chassis leg on driveshaft now, any ideas on how to go about notching the cassis leg out??? or any pics of anyone whos done it on mk4 golfs

heres how low my car is and wont go lower

any help would be great cheers

lots of people have done it to mk4's. I dont know of any pictures off the top of my head, but basically you cut out a half circle and then weld in a piece of steel to seal it up, spray some undercoating or paint and your done.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

^
      Exactly what he said. Take a circular hole saw to the frame rail and notch out a semi-circle, weld a steel pipe that's been cut in half into the notched hole, then paint it to prevent rust

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
      Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

im doing a notch on a golf for a friend tonight ill take some pics and make up a little picture guide

Comment

I did 2 this past week.
          1 in a MK3 Golf Cabrio and 1 in a MK4 Golf.

Just like stated Hole saw and weld in a piece of pipe.
          Here is a pic

Comment

getting this done to my mk4 asap. i know its a must on most VAG platforms. its very common dude you should get it done soon so you don't have to replace a bad axle.

Comment

just take your time welding it up. The plastic fuel and evap lines run through the chassis leg and you don't want to melt a hole in them.
              “The first race was conceived when the second car was built.”

+ Josh @ BlownEuros

Comment

Yea cut out the semi circular and weld in the peice of steel. I didnt do it myself, a garage done it for me on my GTI Golf.
                Arowana
                Digital Photography Tips

Comment

shit, but,. fk highsports sells an adjustable brackets for all vags.. can low the roll bar without removing the bar

they cost around 95 euros
                  My best friend has them in his leon and the oil pan is 4cm to the ground, and coilovers allow lower more but it would be impossible to drive in Spain...:

but even if it lower much more, i think that never hit with driveshaft. you can adjust the hardness of the coilovers? I would try to drive hard before cutting..
                  Last edited by baute; 12-16-2010, 04:52 AM.

Comment

i didnt have to do much
                    HoodRatStatus
                    Instagram @looneylow

Comment

Nothin' like bumpin' old threads

Comment

Working...
                      X