Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can i go lower? Tein setup awesome but can i?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can i go lower? Tein setup awesome but can i?

dumb question... i can always go lower (ahem hydraulics haha) but anyway, i just installed Tein basic coilovers, and i love them. however, ive seen a guy on Tein S-tech springs only and he was as low as i am. now, i have a 4 cyl motor which sometimes factors in the weight sittin on the front. anyway, the front rings are all the way down. the rears can go a little more (like 5 turns), but im afraid to have the sagging look in the rear. anyway are there any tricks to make the front come down a little lower? i mean its MUCH lower then stock and the front scrapes everything, and im sure rims will help the overall look. but for now i need to know any tricks (or anything to remove/add) to make it a hair lower. lemme know, here are some hella-amateur pics lol.

or if i cut off the "locking ring" is that cool? long as i never raise it again since i wont be able to lock it lol

Comment

If your Basic's are anything like the Honda versions, you won't have adjustable preload. That's one way a lot of people get their coilovers to go lower, but the trade off is that you run the risk of bottoming out the shock.

Comment

Camber plates or shorter springs

Comment

+1 on the shorter springs. take them out and measure them up then order some with the same ID and spring rate, but lower overall free length.
          sigpic
          Midmounted Mazda Minitruck video build thread - www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms
          Build pics and randomness - www.facebook.com/pimppalacecustoms
          Long term project 340i (Lexus V8 powered e21) http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=340i

Comment

Working...
          X