Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audi A6 on Bagyard AirRide

Hey guys,

Its been a long time coming. I shelled out the $xxxx for the struts about 8 months ago and everything is finally coming together.

Here is a longer general build thread for those interested http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...ics*&p=4073131

I like pictures better than words so here ya go.

Here are the fronts

The rears

Here is what I have

- Viair 480 compressor
    - Water trap
    - 2 Easy Street Valve Blocks
    - 7 port 5 gallon tank

Need less than $100 in parts now.

I would recommend a second compressor since your car is pretty big and you have a 5 gallon tank but looks good so far otherwise

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
    Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

Originally posted by aar0n. View Post
      I would recommend a second compressor since your car is pretty big and you have a 5 gallon tank but looks good so far otherwise
      second that on the compressor.

nice looking stuff, looks well built

Comment

nice man. def get the second comp. I have dual 480c's for my A4, i'm running two 3 gallon tanks. fill quickly.

and just a heads up, you may or may not get a clunking noise up front due to how the front struts get mounted (your's and mine are practically similar in design). note how much higher the shock shaft extends past the aluminum hat. at low pressures I'm assuming that the shaft is tapping the inner fender (even though there is a rubber bushing that mounts to that). I hope that makes sense. My solve is to cut the lower post of the strut, and shorten the "fork". this way i will need more pressure in the bags to get the desired ride height. because for me at higher pressure like 70psi up front, the clunk goes away, but the heights is ugly and i have 1 finger gap.

i'd install it, test it and then go from there. because you're car is heavy you may not need to cut anything. Let me know if you have any other questions.
        Prime Motoring
        Detailing, Parts and Accessories

Comment

Watching.

Comment

Here, I have been dragging ass on this forum too

This is what I have been working on over the past couple days. Besides all the running around for random shit.

Tank all sanded down.

I decided that painting this odd shape was not the way to go so I went with a Black Sand powder coat from Powder Coat Tech in Plymouth. If you need anything done go and see Kent. They do awesome work! And get this!! I called Kent at 11:00, dropped the tank off at 11:30 and picked it up later that day at 3pm. No they dont always have turn around like.

I am very happy with this finish over the crappy way it came.

A friend helping with the false floor.

Starting to come together

A freaking mess I have but this idea is working well.

This is the man behind it all.

[/QUOTE]

Comment

And this past weekend

****-

On Sunday headed out early with a truck load (literally). Got them unloaded.

Got a box of goodies from ECS tuning. It includes inner and outer CV boots, power steering fluid, air filter, & seat guides.

I was very fortunate to use a friends lift. So nice to be able to raise and lower the car to work at different heights. I absolutely know it would not have been possible to do this in 2 days without it. - Thanks!

First on the list that seemed easy to accomplish was run the display cable, power, and switced 12V to the rear. After a few body panels off we got it tied into the other wiring under the carpet and up under the seat.

Can’t take enough pics to show how pleased I am with the quality of running the air lines. It worked out way better than I even thought. It took a decent amount of time but it’s worth it. Still need to run 3/8 heater hose over a few small sections just in case it rubs. Might look kinda ghetto but I wanted to show it anyway. After all of them are clipped and the nub is twisted around it really hold the line up there well

Time to get the sport suspension out

Scott took the axels out and I rebuilt the boots that had exploded. Super messy to do but very rewarding in the end… my nails and fingers are still absolutely gross and disgusting to the point I had to explain to people at work, lol. Pictures for those who care.

Here are the fronts

Its hard to see but the leader line that come from the strut is made to fit in the bracket that hold the brake line. That bolt comes out and cushion clamp was used to hold the line to the car. The air line goes into this leader.

More pics coming this weekend[/QUOTE]

Comment

looks like you didn't cut the cups off the top strut hat, and grind the hole open.

this is how bagyard told me to install them. without doing this, you're going to be held up another 1"+

Prime Motoring
                Detailing, Parts and Accessories

Comment

Awesome progress. . can't wait to see the finished product!!
                  sigpic
                  SteveO@OpenRoadTuning.com
                  (888) 407-2997
                  >>>OPENROADTUNING<<<
                  >> CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEB STORE!! <<

Become a Fan!!

Homegrown Motorsports
                  Blown Euros
                  Wheel Whores

Comment

awesome car, that is exactly what I wanted to do with this baby but I ended up selling it.
                    Last edited by randomquickness; 06-16-2010, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Believe me when I tell you that doing what Dangler said is the right way to install the system. Erik sent them back because he installed them wrong and ended up ruining the upper bushing setup. Do it right or else you'll end up paying to have everything remanned.
                      I used to be famous.

somewhere between I want it and I got it.

Comment

So I really have to cut that section out? I was under the impression these were plug and play and always designed to be. They fit as-is but somthing is clunking. Maybe its a tie rods so I am replacing ALL control arms and tie rods to eleminate any uncertainty.

BTW, I have been talking with Eirk to make sure you guys are covered for the cost of the invoice. My only concern is if you want to work with me moving forward becasue the rear bags are leaking around the clamps/seals.

I understand this is not perfected yet and the C5 is only in revision 2 but I want to back you guy up all the way if you are willing to work with me.. I am willing to pay reasonable cost to get this dialed in.

PM me if you would like to discuss.

Comment

Comment

Also do you have a completed picture of how its supposed to be setup? Do I use the upper mount or is that complete in Dangler's picture??

Seems like I would loose a couple inches of travel. What psi do you reccomend for avg daily driving anyway?

Thank Andrew

Ryan

Comment

Andew, you got anthing? Or are you waiting to hear from Bagyard?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X