halp i've been ip banninated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• halp i've been ip banninated!

Looks like I got caught in a mass IP banning. My current IP is 24.21.201.8, if you'd be so kind as to let me back in.

Thank you!

We had a spam bot using that IP address on 10/14. Is it a public computer? Not a wildcard ban either, specific to that exact IP.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

What in the world?

No, that's my home IP. It's just a cable modem attached to a router with five machines behind it. No public access whatsoever. It is Comcast, so I do have a dynamic IP, and I did reboot my router and cable modem on Tuesday evening, so it's possible I may have been assigned a new IP (the one in question) at that time.

And now I'm going to scan the shit out of my machines to make sure they're not part of some botnet. Great.

EDIT: I've been using a proxy the last couple of days. I suspect as a result, my IP's been bouncing around every time I access the site. Is there any way to correlate spam activity to the IPs I've been coming in as? This has got me worried.

Comment

I lifted it until I can get to the bottom of what happened. Sorry about the mixup.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

Thanks! No apology necessary, I'd rather you guys be hard on spam and let a few casualties happen than the site get overcome like so many.

Comment

Working...
          X