How do you guys deal with camberwear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you guys deal with camberwear?

This is mainly for the guys that run with negative camber. I daily drive with about -4 degrees of camber in the rear. Is it possible to run like that for a while then swap tires from side to side so you can use the tread on the other side of the tire? Is that even possible? Or is it buy new tires once they are worn from camber on the inside.
    Team 16NiSS

sigpic

Originally posted by TommyT View Post
    This is mainly for the guys that run with negative camber. I daily drive with about -4 degrees of camber in the rear. Is it possible to run like that for a while then swap tires from side to side so you can use the tread on the other side of the tire? Is that even possible? Or is it buy new tires once they are worn from camber on the inside.
    switch front and back until its bad, then new tires or risk bad handling from the tires

Comment

0 toe settings will save your tires

AmberLamps..... Get rid of them!

Comment

well i dont really run negative camber in front just back. What I am really trying to find out is if it is a big deal take your left tire and put it on the right side once its worn on the inside.. this way now you can use the tread that hasnt been touched because of the negative camber. hopefully everyone understands what i am trying to say.. lol
        Team 16NiSS

sigpic

Comment

Yes you can, but you should check your rear alignment and make sure your toe is not out of wack

AmberLamps..... Get rid of them!

Comment

^ yea, making sure your toe isnt fucked will help you a lot
            Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

I went to the alignment rack last Monday. I suppose my toe was corrected okay because it shows my toe currently is .14 and specified range is 0.04 - 0.20..???
              Team 16NiSS

sigpic

Comment

Tommy, monitor your tires and flip them.. I would think you would get 5-6k out of one side, then flip them til you run them through.

flipping does require un-mounting then re-mounting the tires... not just swapping wheels side to side.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                  Tommy, monitor your tires and flip them.. I would think you would get 5-6k out of one side, then flip them til you run them through.

flipping does require un-mounting then re-mounting the tires... not just swapping wheels side to side.
                  Thanks Ben.

Yeah thats what I meant. un-mounting and re-mounting. Did you get around 5-6k out of yours on each side of the tires?
                  Team 16NiSS

sigpic

Comment

about... ran through a tire at 12k, and 5 degrees of camber on the rear... you just got to be mindful of current treadlife ... everytime you pump gas, check air.. just add checking the tire wear as a form of habit.

Comment

nitto neogens are made for camber wear. just a fyi

btw cabezzz is right you gotta set your toe at 0. otherwise its like you are "dragging" your tires

Widebody B6 build

HIT ME UP if you need Ksport supplies. i can get them to you cheaper than anyone.

Comment

Didn't Nitto or some other Japanese tire company come out with a tire specifically designed for high negative camber applications? I think it was designed with a thinner inner and a thicker outer sidewall so that the tread would sit flat when driving... Anyone remember hearing about that?

sigpic
                        Chi va piano va sano e lontano...
                        • MINI is sold. Next project? • E28 Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by BreakMyWallet View Post
                          nitto neogens are made for camber wear. just a fyi

btw cabezzz is right you gotta set your toe at 0. otherwise its like you are "dragging" your tires
                          crap!!! i didnt know that.. so -0- toe is best for negative camber?

who else here runs with a ZERO degree toe?
                          Last edited by TommyT; 05-11-2010, 06:11 PM.
                          Team 16NiSS

sigpic

Comment

It also depends if your tires are rotational or not bro. Btw it helps if you have a homie that sells tires .
                            www.youtube.com/jznsn2u

Comment

Originally posted by jznsn2u View Post
                              It also depends if your tires are rotational or not bro. Btw it helps if you have a homie that sells tires .
                              That's one thing I've always thought about. If you were to mount a directional tire backwards, what kind of problems would you run into?

I assuming that wet road performance would drop significantly since the water would likely be pushed to the inside of the tire. Would road noise increase as well?

Comment

Working...
                              X