Winter months and air valves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter months and air valves

Who here parks their car outside during the winter months? What is your solution for keeping your valves warm during the winter so it doesnt lock up? I thought about a NOS bottle warmer wrapped around the valves. Any other solutions or suggestions?
    Team 16NiSS

sigpic

i just would run air brake antifreeze in the tank that seems to cure most problems. if not, just heat the watertraps with a hair dryer and open them till the compressors kick on and then let them heat the trunk :P
    Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by d.tek View Post
      i just would run air brake antifreeze in the tank that seems to cure most problems. if not, just heat the watertraps with a hair dryer and open them till the compressors kick on and then let them heat the trunk :P
      awesome! first time I heard of the air brake antifreeze. Does that hurt the lines and bags in any way? Does anyone else hear have antifreeze in their tank?
      Team 16NiSS

sigpic

Comment

I know it doesn't get as cold here in the uk as some parts of the continental US but mine stays parked on the street and is my daily as well.

Not had much of a problem really, just made sure i emptied the traps regular.

Comment

Originally posted by TommyT View Post
          awesome! first time I heard of the air brake antifreeze. Does that hurt the lines and bags in any way? Does anyone else hear have antifreeze in their tank?
          shouldn't hurt the lines.

i haven't had a chance to do this, but after every winter, i imagine it'd be a good idea to re run all your lines.

as far as i know it doesn't hurt the bags either. Just the suggested means of keeping valves from freezing so its gotta work.
          Flickr

Comment

Working...
          X