I'm looking for a d200 body...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm looking for a d200 body...

If you have one. Or know of one let me know.

I'm not looking to pay out the ass for one either... I know they can be had at a good price.

thanks.

im sure they could be had for super cheap now... bestbuy had a closeout on them for like 700 bucks for a little while.
    can probably pick one up on ebay for 5-600.

Comment

I'm looking to pay 500. I've heard of people buying them for 400-600 so I don't think 500 is unreasonable.

I **** ebay. I've never actually bid on something so I'm hoping to go on Craigslist or somewhere else and find one.

Problem is people on craigslist think they are worth like 700 dollars or more. So... just trying to find the right price.

Comment

Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
        I **** ebay.
        Originally posted by 87e30 View Post
        I've never actually bid on something
        Sorry but it's probably your best bet. You also have much more recourse than you would on craigslist.
        Dylan Leff - www.originalplate.com

Comment

Originally posted by mojocoggo View Post
          Sorry but it's probably your best bet. You also have much more recourse than you would on craigslist.
          Yeah... well it's last resort. I've bought quite a few good parts and such off of ebay. But... you're probably right.

Comment

a great site to use when browsing craigslist is craigshelper.com. ;-)
            I like to modify things.
            flickr
            Inyo Photo
            -Chad

Comment

I dont know where you are at, but I just found one in Dallas for 500, local pick up only though.

Comment

Well, before you go dropping 500 good dollars on a used D200, there's a couple things you need to know.

Many D200s were used like crazy and it was released at the end of 2005, so you have to be careful to get one that hasn't been used up. That's my biggest complaint about digital cameras. You're essentially buying a computer. That's why they keep coming out with better ones. I can take a Hasselblad 500c from 1957 and it would take just as good a photo as a 501cm I'd buy new.

Sorry. Got off track there for a second. Either way, you could limit yourself to $500 for a D200 and you could luck into a good one or you could get hosed. If you can do it, it's a good idea to take a photo and use a program that extracts the EXIF data, as most will tell you how many shutter actuations a camera has had. Here's a link with some links to others and an explanation of what they do:

Also, you'll probably need to budget more money still to get a lens, and in my experience with digital, that makes more of a difference than the body you're using. I've gotten better, clearer photos with my D70 using a good lens, than I have with my D300 using a meh lens (the 18-200mm VR - essentially a compromise wrapped in an enigma covered in cancer, but it makes a good backup!). Do some research and try to get the best bang for your buck. It doesn't hurt to spend 10% more to get something 35% better!

Comment

Originally posted by wkohler View Post
                  Well, before you go dropping 500 good dollars on a used D200, there's a couple things you need to know.

Many D200s were used like crazy and it was released at the end of 2005, so you have to be careful to get one that hasn't been used up. That's my biggest complaint about digital cameras. You're essentially buying a computer. That's why they keep coming out with better ones. I can take a Hasselblad 500c from 1957 and it would take just as good a photo as a 501cm I'd buy new.

Sorry. Got off track there for a second. Either way, you could limit yourself to $500 for a D200 and you could luck into a good one or you could get hosed. If you can do it, it's a good idea to take a photo and use a program that extracts the EXIF data, as most will tell you how many shutter actuations a camera has had. Here's a link with some links to others and an explanation of what they do:

Also, you'll probably need to budget more money still to get a lens, and in my experience with digital, that makes more of a difference than the body you're using. I've gotten better, clearer photos with my D70 using a good lens, than I have with my D300 using a meh lens (the 18-200mm VR - essentially a compromise wrapped in an enigma covered in cancer, but it makes a good backup!). Do some research and try to get the best bang for your buck. It doesn't hurt to spend 10% more to get something 35% better!
                  I had a d40, with the kit lens. 55-200mm and 50mm.

I would like some different lenses but I sold the d40 and first need to get a body. I want a body I can keep for a long time, use the lenses I have, and then save and get nicer glass in the future. But I didn't want to go to a d80 b/c I would want to replace that as well. So I think a d200 will suit me well, as I sold the d40 and am looking to spend under 200 dollars upgrading to a d200.

I've always heard shutter actuation counts are kind of iffy... I'm going to bring my laptop. Take some shots and make sure everything is working well, also find out how old it is. Also will check for banding and what not.

Damn... if only I was in dallas. I had a guy supposedly going to sell me one today bu then someone offered him more so he bailed on me.

Best buy was selling these close out new for 600 bucks. AKA I'm not going to pay you 600 for a used one...

Comment

It's hard to convince someone who paid $1800 for it on the day of release. Good luck, though. I'm sure there are good deals to be had!

Comment

Originally posted by wkohler View Post
                      It's hard to convince someone who paid $1800 for it on the day of release. Good luck, though. I'm sure there are good deals to be had!
                      This is true. And thanks... I'm on the search!

I **** having money in my pocket and searching for a deal. But it feels so good when you find it.

Comment

I want to take pictures...

But I have no camera.

Someone help me out.

Comment

Working...
                        X