This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with switches/box

Ok, so I am complete newbie to air, had coilovers and now I want to try something different. I got a kit from my boss for a steal, and all he said I need is switches and lines. Now I know im gonna need to redo the wiring for sure, but my question to you guys is, can i just chop the plug off and solder on a switchbox, if so, can i get a wiring diagram? if not, what switchbox works with this plug? see pic below.
    Untitled by picckles, on Flickr
    Also If you guys could take a quick look and see if I have everything I need here, that would be great (other than the compressor, bags and tank)(sorry about shit quality pics)
    by picckles, on Flickr
    Also, that bigass transformer, is that needed? It looks like it is but Im just double checking, I do need a wiring diagram after all haha
    by picckles, on Flickr

Ok, got it all figured out from the POS mess it was, and realized how simple the wiring is! now all I need is a switchbox diagram. F buying one, im gonna make my own

Comment

What kind of switch setup are you looking at? 4-way control is the simplest way to get FBSS control, but some people like corners to be ganged together into additional switches so they can control the front or back simultaneously, or pancake the car with one switch.

If 4-way is all you're after (it is the easiest, after all), it's as simple as getting four momentary SPCO switches and connecting each switch to a fill valve and a dump valve. Very straightforward.

If you want to get fancier than that, you can gang corners together, but you have to be careful to keep the corners electrically isolated from one another in order to preserve your ability to adjust corners individually. Diodes or relays can be used to accomplish this, but the easiest way to accomplish this is to just use a DPCO switch to gang two corners together. A 4PCO can be used for a pancake switch, if you can find such a beast.

Comment

Working...
      X