X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front bags won't fully inflate??

Hello folks,

I'm having an issue with my front 2 bags not inflating. The system (air ride technologies) is about 2 years old and was working fine up until about 2 months ago. The rear bags inflate and deflate without a problem but for some reason the fronts are no longer getting enough pressure to bring the car off the ground.

When I go to inflate the front bags they seem to take air for about 3 seconds and then once there is pressure in the system it no longer wants to inflate. It seems to release the little air pressure that is built up for that 3 seconds without a problem. Since the rears work flawlessly, I swapped the plungers and coils with the front ones and that doesn't seem to be the issue. Rears still work, fronts still will not fully inflate. I've also hit all the connections with soapy water and there are no leaks.

Any advice on what I should try next?

Much appreciated!

So does not seem to be tank pressure. It's sitting at 140psi according to my gauge.

The car is not running (blown motor). It does have a Yellow top Optima and seemed to be operating fine although I don't have a volt gauge anymore so this could potentially be the problem if it's operating at less than 12V. Gonna have to throw a charger on it today and see if thats the problem.

I went to air it up this morning and now the entire Delivery side will not engage haha. When I hit the inflate buttons on the front and rear it does nothing.

The down buttons still engage the coils, I can hear them clicking the plungers wanting to relieve pressure from the system.

Does this sound like a low voltage issue to anyone? Potentially not enough power to engage the Delivery side plungers and put pressure into the system?

Thanks.

Comment

Tank pressure was what I was going to ask you about, but since you've eliminated that problem...

Yes, low voltage could absolutely be a problem. I'd throw a charger on the battery and get it back up to 12.6V before going any further.

Also, if it's an Optima built in the last few years, they've gotten pretty notorious lately. If it's a voltage issue, it may well be that that battery is done.

Comment

thanks for the reply. I'll check the battery and post back in a bit.

Comment

Looks like it was partially the battery. Got a full charge on it and it brought both the bags up. The rears inflate 3x faster than the fronts which I still can't figure out. Oh well, time for a new battery haha.

Comment

Have the rears always inflated faster than the fronts, or is this new behavior?

Some amount of differential inflation rate is to be expected, since the front of most cars is noticeably heavier than the rear, and thus it takes more air pressure to raise the front an equal amount. Mine was particularly bad about this, and a set of SMC flow controls solved the problem.

Comment

Working...
            X