Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manual management paddle valve air dump reroute?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manual management paddle valve air dump reroute?

I've got a manual management set up in my Integra, and from what I understand, the air dumps from the paddle valves. The problem here is that the valves are inside the car,and I don't want to noise/air smell in the cabin.
    So is there a way to reroute where the air would dump? Looking at the rear of the valves, there's a little port in the back, which I assume is where the air dumps. Maybe there's a way to rig extra air line, run it to the outside of the car, and have it dump to the rear of the car?

Anyone have any ideas? Or am I just going to have to deal with it?

Image of the rear of a paddle valve for convenience

Comment

That's the dump port alright. Measure the ID of the port and see if it's close at all to any of the common tapered threaded sizes. If you can get something like 1/16" NPT in there, you'd be set. If nothing is close, you could also try epoxying a fitting in there (something like a small barb fitting maybe?) - if your exhaust is relatively free of restrictions, the pressure buildup inside your dump lines should be relatively low, so an epoxied fitting ought to hold up okay.

Comment

I was planning on using all the spare 1/8" line I have from the gauges to run the dump lines.

My idea wasn't too far off from yours!

Thanks for the help and reaffirming that this can be done. As far as I can tell, the only real complaint with manual management [other than the fact that it's not near as flashy or expensive] is the fact that it dumps in the cabin and not a lot of people like that. Hopefully this idea works and will convince a few people that manual mgmt ain't that bad

Comment

Originally posted by RedHeadMetalHead View Post
          I don't want to noise/air smell in the cabin.
          Man, I **** the smell of air in my car.

JK, I know what you mean.

Are there any barbed fittings slightly larger than the hole in the valve? You could heat the fitting up to 2-300 degrees and press it into the plastic valve

Comment

Working...
          X