77 Datsun 280z coilovers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 77 Datsun 280z coilovers?

Hi, just bought a 77 280z and I wan't it loooow. Thinking of fitting some Rota RB 17x9 offset -13 in fornt and 17x9,5 offset -19 in rear. Where can I find coilovers for my car?
    Bad English = from Norway!

Ground Control makes 'em for the older Zs.

Comment

Originally posted by Lux View Post
      Ground Control makes 'em for the older Zs.
      Yep, I've googled them, but they ain't real coilovers. It's just an adjustable spring. I want like H&R etc makes. Adjustable in height and stiffness.

Comment

This is a great S30/S130/Z31/Z32 forum: http://hybridz.org/
        1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
        Stance:Nation Feature | Build Thread

Comment

aint real coilovers? Coil overs mean coil around strut. thats it. Adjustability is just nice, and as i recall GC offers custom rates and dampening. No need to adjust it if you get it right the first time.

Also, just adjustable spring means you can choose your shock (and get adjustale konis)

Give GC a call, i think you'll find they're "real"
          Last edited by Stephen; 04-30-2010, 02:41 PM.

Flickr

Comment

word.

gc setup is definitely real. especially paired with koni adjustables. had em on my bmw and they were MONEY.

you can order custom spring rates as well as shorter springs.

Widebody B6 build

HIT ME UP if you need Ksport supplies. i can get them to you cheaper than anyone.

Comment

What they said

Another good site:http://www.classiczcars.com/modules/Jig/index.php

If you dig you'll find loads of parts and swaps for those cars. I been trying to score a decent and decent priced Z for a few years now.

Comment

Thanks folks! I would reconcider my use of the term coilover then Have a Golf VR6 with coilovers from H&R and I'm kinda addicted to height and stiffness adjustability! I take it out on a track often and then I need new adjustments!

Comment

Yeah, well then just get the GC's and a nice set of struts and then have the GC sleeves welded on. Whats out back on the 77's? Is it struts on all four?

Comment

Originally posted by Lux View Post
                    Yeah, well then just get the GC's and a nice set of struts and then have the GC sleeves welded on. Whats out back on the 77's? Is it struts on all four?
                    you have struts on all 4 corners.

Comment

Do what i did to my 280zx put s13 coilovers in it! ive heard of it been done to s30z b4 to, minimal modification needed..

Mine are tein HA, adjustable height makes it sit loooooooooow!

Comment

Techno Toy tuning<
                        killasnapshot

Comment

k sport has a nice set of coils for a z car, i have been looking at them for my 78' 280

Comment

S13 coilovers can be modified to fit, a friend of mine installed a set of Megans in his 280.

Comment

Working...
                            X