X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• negative camber on a solid rear

so I shimmed my rear hubs
    got this

the camber is within spec, just 7 degrees moar negative than stock, so it technically shouldn't pull.
    it feels like a boat in the rear, and it likes to drift around. not dangerously, but it feels kinda weird. is this normal?

You probably have huge toe issues. Also, where the hell did you find shims that can achieve 7 degrees of camber??

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
    Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

Originally posted by aar0n. View Post
      where the hell did you find shims that can achieve 7 degrees of camber??
      this

Comment

I'm guessing stacked 3.5 degree shims. Way more camber than you should ever need. I have no Idea what "normal" would be for that much camber b/c I try not to exceed 2 degrees of negative camber.

Comment

Why do you need that much camber? Your wheels are still tucked way back in.

Comment

still working on fitment. 30mm spacers are not the cheapest.
            that toe thing sounds pretty interesting. i haven't checked the toe idk why.
            the spacers are 1/4" steel that i made. call it ghetto if you want, it's a legit setup.

Comment

Pics of the shims and install?

You should do a DIy. Theres no camber kit options for my car except up front.

Im working on 30mm spacers myself. I cant find any under 155$ a pair.

Comment

WTF how is this done..? need more details please..!!

Comment

30mm spacers? Why don't you just find some wheels with a lower offset and wider?

Comment

Originally posted by civicseth View Post
                    30mm spacers? Why don't you just find some wheels with a lower offset and wider?
                    Because wheels that fit 'are not the cheapest'.

Comment

And in the case of the 5x108 BP, impossible to find.

Comment

it's 5x110, no one makes a good wheel for my bolt pattern unless i'm willing to spend dough. researched wobble bolts, drilling wheels, in the end i really just can't afford it.
                        diamond racing is def on the top of my list.
                        but for now, i like my stockers and they fit the car well.
                        I wanted to keep the shims a secret, but it's pretty simple anyway. I just used a chop saw to shape rectangular pieces of 1/4" steel and then drilled with a 3/8" bit to fit my particular hub setup. had to grind a half moon shape into the side of it to compensate for the centric design. the shims are angled by trial and error. just a few trips back and forth from the car to the grinding wheel.
                        I had to modify the caliper brackets since they are not part of the hubs, so I took off about 1/4" on the top thread and added a 1/16" washer under the bottom.

hope this gives you gyus a better idea of the options out ther for you

Comment

Originally posted by Lux View Post
                          And in the case of the 5x108 BP, impossible to find.
                          Tell me about it... Volvo, Jaguar and Ferrari along with Ford Taurus' and shit...

Follow Me On Instagram! @jvc8790 #jvcphotography

Comment

Originally posted by ff_drift_lol View Post
                            still working on fitment. 30mm spacers are not the cheapest.
                            that toe thing sounds pretty interesting. i haven't checked the toe idk why.
                            the spacers are 1/4" steel that i made. call it ghetto if you want, it's a legit setup.
                            you can get 25mm H&R track+ spacers for like $125, or you can hit up adaptec and get a set of custom spacers spacers for about the same money.
                            Alabama's premier watercooled VW club http://www.h2otuning.com

Comment

I see, I see. Well, good luck and I'm ready to see some pictures once you get it all put together!

Comment

Working...
                              X