Accent lighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accent lighting

Any one running interiour lighting? I know it's considered kind of rice in some forms of modification but I like it. I'm thinking all four passenger feet wells and led dome light. And some other crazy stuff. I want it to glow like crazy from the inside so you look inside and everything looks bright glowing blue. So whats every one running?

LED dome lights are great. I personally don't mind footwells as long as they aren't obnoxious colors and terribly obvious I prefer a more subtle approach.

(If that makes sense).
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Moved this to the general tech thread.

Comment

I have LED interior lights all around. Dome, map, trunk, visors, lights on C pillers. Its not overpowering at all, actually perfect IMO. Next is to light up the cup holders.

-Dan

Comment

Its not a bad idea at all unless your running all types of ricy colors.

Keep it plain with bright white LEDs and its cool. I went LED in all the sockets I have inside.

Comment

i like it in the footwells that are in my familys Q7, just enough to make it cool

i like the ambient lights tho in my m///

id try and do something like that, 2 leds that gently light the cabin via the dome light
            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

if you match the factory colors and avoid using neons it could look classy. Thats the kind of shit you do after more interior work honestly. I think its dumb to see that on a car with stock seats and shit carpets etc.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

my friend put red lighting under the dash and it's actually pretty nice.
                what i want to do is put lights unde the inside of the doors so when you open them, they light up the ground outside.

www.effineuro.com

Comment

Puddle lights. Thats actually pretty easy. You can get pods from superbrightleds.com and do it yourself. jlevistreetwerks.com used to sell them pre made for cheap but stopped selling them.

Comment

yeah keep it mild, go with all one color theme, personally i love ambient lighting, but thats it

Comment

I fitted original E38 amber moodlight into my domelight (September 2007). As the vert unit is a totally different shape, I had to integrate them into it. Was a bitch to do, but I pulled it off, keeping all original light functions. And as per OEM, it's also behind the dimmer switch.

Right now I'm busy integrating original E38 moodlight for behind the inner door handles.

I also have a set of original outside doorhandle lights from an E38.

E38 unit

led assembly from the unit

And into my stock unit

Gives a nice orange glow on the center console. Specially nice as I have the OEM M3 GT CF console trim.

Old pic before I installed the carphone

*Click Sigpic For Journal*

Comment

Working...
                      X