Finally...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally...

The pain, heartbreak and rocking 15s is over. There is a little story and some lessons I have learned from trying to get to where I wanted it. The work, tire swapping, suspension tuning(raising, lowering, raising, lowering) all took their toll on me and I am happy to now walk to garage, jump in my car and drive it!

Couple months ago I got a set of 17x9 et33 and 17x10 et33 ACS Type 1 Rennsports. I was stoked! The price I paid would give most people a heart attack! I read on the net, did some research and asked around to those in the know. 215.40.17 and 235.40.17 was decided. ZRi's in the front and Neova's in the back. Get them home and didn't notice that one of the 215s was leaking, BAD! Throw on the other 3(I was too excited) and start out towards Alabama to pick up a car. Hit something on highway and lose a rear tire at 80 mph... SCARY! Get car under control and put on spare. Head home and swap the 15s.

Pay shop to try and use bead sealer and get the one front to seal. No go. Find out some of the wheels are bent. Rears seal with fresh 235.40.17 ZRi's and one of the 2 fronts seal. It leaks with bead sealer. Out 100 bucks there. Wheel Wizard straightens and fixes/cleans the beads on all 4(front that leaked at tweak on outside lip). Get them back, full set of ZRi's and all hold air off the car! WooT! Get driver front on, driver rear, passenger rear and then passenger front. Lower car and guess what... same shit leaks! Come to find out while the car was jacked up and leaned onto the driver side that now the OTHER front leaks!

I am frustrated and done with the 215s. I was able to put ~20 miles total on 215 front and 235 rear. The car rode like shit. Twitchy, squirmy and just rode like doodoo. It was not enjoyable at all. With the 10mm spacers at all 4 corners it rubbed like mad, scraped over everything and was just not enjoyable to drive. On one fun highway bump I got the pleasure of bad rubbing and my pulled and rolled fenders now have chipped paint on the inside. What fun!

235s were swapped to the front. 245s put on the rear. Front raised 8mm and the backs got a swap to 700lb springs and added in a rubber spring perch. Raised up ~5mm. Spacers removed. I now have zero rubbing at even the fastest turns. The car rides great. I don't scrape into my garage. I don't worry about small bumps in the highway. I love the car so much now that I just drove around up north of my house last night just for the fun of it! Wasting gas! I am happy, I am not that low but lower than most. The car rides better and I can beat on her now :buttrock

Cliffs:
    Leaky Tires - Too Low - Bad Ride - No Fun - 215.40.17 F - 235.40.17 R - 10mm Spacers All Around

Raise vehicle slightly. Ride is better. Larger tires. No spacers. Win!

Sorry for the long story but just wanted to share my quest for being stanced. Having fitment. Stretching tires. It was a horribly negative adventure for me. I still have mildly stretched tires but god damn I love my car again.

3 Days and I take her to the Tail of the Dragon for a much needed 4 day camping weekend!

Sorry the rolling shots are ghey. Jeremy had to hang his arm out the window and have his uber lame-o aviators on. Ruined my photos :help

On a postive note. Anyone need a pair of 215.40.17 Fuzion ZRi's? They have ~20 miles on them. Or I have 2 pair of ECS Tuning 10mm spacers with bolts!

Last shot is classy!

Comment

Minus someone's stupid arm.

But yes, 11-16 pwns I think Jeremy was nervous but the front corner of the car was ~1 foot from the camera. Door open @ 70mph. I want to get closer next time...

Need the stalker.

Comment

looks good

Comment

Originally posted by dinanm3atl View Post
          Minus someone's stupid arm.

But yes, 11-16 pwns I think Jeremy was nervous but the front corner of the car was ~1 foot from the camera. Door open @ 70mph. I want to get closer next time...

Need the stalker.
          Arm is sexy. We can redo the shot from the stalker and get closer. I didn't know you needed it closer, I never received another hand wave to come closer, sounds like your fault not mine.

Comment

Wheels are too big for my taste, but it's fuckin' clean.
            Law 15: Destroy Your Enemy Totally: ...The enemy will recover, and will seek revenge. Crush him, not only in body but in spirit.

Comment

Originally posted by Moose View Post
              Arm is sexy. We can redo the shot from the stalker and get closer. I didn't know you needed it closer, I never received another hand wave to come closer, sounds like your fault not mine.
              Yes. And get SUPER close....

Originally posted by Dag Yo View Post
              Wheels are too big for my taste, but it's fuckin' clean.
              17s?

16s on e36 are just no beuno.

Comment

No, he meant they are too wide. much more 7" wide and its just too much.

Haha

Comment

Oh.

7" is the limit? Back to the 15s

Comment

I'm not gonna lie, I didn't read a word of that text, but I absolutly love the way your car looks, clean, and classy. Nice work.

Comment

Cliffs: He took a few steps backwards in the stance department.
                      Last edited by SeanDub; 06-01-2009, 03:46 PM.

Comment

all I have to say is SEXY TIME!!! looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                          Cliffs: He took a few steps backwards in the stance department.
                          hmm .... yeah I thought I rememberd it being a little lower. Still looks great.
                          Last edited by SeanDub; 06-01-2009, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheStig View Post
                            hmm .... yeah I thought I rememberd it being a little lower. Still looks great.
                            Yea he shook the spacers and came up a smidge with less stretch. It looks really good, it was just more to my liking before.

(lol at clicking edit your post instead of quote. Noob...)

Comment

hahahaha

Comment

Working...
                              X