Rake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rake?

How do you guys feel about reverse rake on sports cars?
    I had an LS430 and was about an inch lower in the rear and I was cool with it, but now I have an s2k and was wondering how you guys would feel about tucking half tire in the front and almost rim to fender in the rear ?
    Reverse Rake.....FTW?...FTL?
    All opinions welcome.

some cars give off a reverse rake look because of the fenders, when they are actually even or have rake...which sucks...but why would you purposely give a car reverse rake?

www.effineuro.com

Comment

Idea is a no go

AmberLamps..... Get rid of them!

Comment

I think regardless of a car's fender height differences, even wheelgap/tuck on all 4 corners is the best look, even if the car itself leans forwards which some do.
        1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
        Stance:Nation Feature | Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Effin' Euro View Post
          some cars give off a reverse rake look because of the fenders, when they are actually even or have rake...which sucks...but why would you purposely give a car reverse rake?
          My car seems to be afraid of heights and the front cant go any lower for multiple reasons, but the rear can go another half inch which would make it almost kiss the lips.

Comment

mike, dont you have helper springs in the front? remove them

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Originally posted by kramerbuccs24 View Post
              i think regardless of a car's fender height differences, even wheelgap/tuck on all 4 corners is the best look, even if the car itself leans forwards which some do.
              +1000000000000000000000000000000000

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

I think regardless of a car's fender height differences, even wheelgap/tuck on all 4 corners is the best look, even if the car itself leans forwards which some do.
                +1000000000000000000000000000000000

Uneven wheel gap from front to back looks plain weird and not nice at all.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Originally posted by Effin' Euro View Post
                  Like my car. The rear fenders are a bit lower so I left it sit a few mm's higher out back to even the flow of the fenders.

I have no clue why you would do it intentionally. Thats like driving around a bagged mini truck all day with the rear slammed down. IMO, thats stupid looking.

Comment

I think I'm in the minority here, but I just can't stand the raked look. On cars like the E36 even fender gap means a shit ton of rake, too much IMO.

Comment

Reverse rake is the fucking worst thing in the world, looks like absolute dog shit. I can't even stand cars that sit evenly but with rear fenders that are lower which give the impression of reverse rake. Now forward rake looks awesome on the other hand so long as the rear isn't sky high

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
                      Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
                        mike, dont you have helper springs in the front? remove them
                        No i dont, but thats not why the front cant go lower, i wouldnt be able to get into my complex with it any lower up front.

Comment

i see alot of whatever series m3 that boligrafo123 has and i think it looks sick lower out back, but maybe its just me.

Comment

Originally posted by SlammedSuzuka View Post
                            i see alot of whatever series m3 that boligrafo123 has and i think it looks sick lower out back, but maybe its just me.
                            +1 I love how his car sits.

Comment

Forward rake = ok.
                              Optical illusion of reverse rake due to wheelwell openings = still ok. Sideskirts are level so it still looks legit.
                              "True" reverse rake = negative, ghostrider.

Comment

Working...
                              X