Raceland? To be or not to be.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raceland? To be or not to be.

So I have a BMW 3 series (e36) and I want to slam my car, except I'm 17 working part time and I can't afford Ground Controls or something good like that. I know a lot of you guys on here do ride on Race lands. My driving is just about 2 miles to school a day. And like 12 miles to work. There basically gonna be used as daily driving no hard driving here. Would you recommend them? Or would just you just tell me to not waste my time. People keep telling me that buying $300 coils is going to kill me. I'm open to all input so let me know what you guys think.

save up... buy right the first time. 300 dollar coilovers will kill someone... Suspension is a key part of the vehicle. Please buy something quasi reputable. I don't care if they have superb customer service, and no one on this board has had an issue.... they are still $300 coilovers from a for-profit company = utter crap for products. My humble .02

Comment

Cheap as they are, and shady as the premise is, many people have run them for quite a while without trouble.

From what I understand they accept standard-sized springs and better shocks, so you can upgrade them later to perform better.

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

Comment

Will buy soon for some cheap slammage

AmberLamps..... Get rid of them!

Comment

i dont see a problem with them, its better than stock height i guess. You do get what you pay for so i'd keep your stock suspension around. I dont know what your budget is but i'd try looking for some used coils before buying racelands.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Just my 2 cents, I'm running Racelands at the moment and I've been pleasantly suprised by them.

Easy to fit, easy to adjust, firm but comfortable ride, TUV approved and have a two year warranty. Even if they only last two years they're still excellent value for money.

Comment

ive been running them for a while an not 1 problem with them so far...
              -Jorge-

Comment

i love my racelands!
                my .02

bmw by sethum13, on Flickr

Comment

I post pics later of a BMW that ended up in the wall at barber b/c of a cheap suspension failure. I didn't get to talk to the driver b/c the medical staff carted him off in a jiffy. (he was ok they were just being careful). I was photographing and ended helping the corner workers pick up all the broken pieces of aluminum that were littering the track. Will I ever buy questionable suspension parts after watching that? NOPE, it's not worth the potential heartache should one fail at an in-opportune moment.

Comment

If it passes Tüv its more than likely able to keep the car off the ground. I wouldnt expect stellar dampening or rates, but i wouldnt say that a catastrophic failure is likely given the amount of people running them.

Flickr

Comment

Does anyone know what offset to run with Racelands and 19"x8.5" with 235 tyres for an e46? Slammed and tucked is the plan, just waiting for answers so that I can start ordering my parts. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Sorry for the hijack OP!
                      Mona Bee!

Comment

Originally posted by mksu19 View Post
                        Does anyone know what offset to run with Racelands and 19"x8.5" with 235 tyres for an e46? Slammed and tucked is the plan, just waiting for answers so that I can start ordering my parts. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Sorry for the hijack OP!
                        I am confused by your question.. Offset has nothing to do with Racelands. Racelands are coilovers not wheels.
                        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

for the price, wellllll worth it. i have them and theyre great. not too bouncy of a ride and they go more low than youll ever need. i sya go for it, you wont be dissapointed.

Comment

I got racelands for christmas. Installed them over spring break. The ride sucks. So bouncy due to soft spring rates. So far no problems, other then the bouncy-ness of them. I was told you could upgrade the springs to ground controls to make it stiffer (your going to really want to do this).

-Dan

Comment

GC springs are actually Eibach springs.
                              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Working...
                              X