Rolling fenders with a magazine????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolling fenders with a magazine????

So, this has got to be the only place that I have heard of people rolling fenders with a magazine.

How the hell is it done?

I got my fronts rolled and my inside lips of the bumpers cut but I need some work on the rear and I cant cut back there so I figured I would give this a shot. Its only about 4 inches of lip that needs to be cleaned up. Since my rear door makes up 50% of the fender itself that is rolled from the factory.

lol wut?

never heard of that

Comment

i assume it's relatively similar to a newspaper pull

www.effineuro.com

Comment

Well, gee thats informative!

Comment

hmmm, never heard of that
          Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

I've heard of guys put tons of newspaper on the corner of their tire and slamming the car down off the jack and it pulls the fender. Not sure if I trust it, and your car has to be real low to begin with.
            Only info I can find on it. (Thread on rennlist.com)
            Oh swerddd?

Comment

I just used my fender roller. You could even buy a used one and later sell it for exactly what you paid then you would only be out shipping.

Erik

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerteck View Post
                I just used my fender roller. You could even buy a used one and later sell it for exactly what you paid then you would only be out shipping.

Erik
                I just used a thick piece of PVC for the fronts but with the way my fenders are shaped they didnt roll against the back side of the fender completely but its clear from rubbing.

Now, the rear is different cause of how its two pieces tacked together.

Would be nice to roll them all the way against but man rollers are expensive.

I guess I could keep it and just roll peoples fenders. Most places I been to want 50 a fender!

Just cant see myself doing it.

Comment

Where are you located?

Comment

Lewes Delaware.

Comment

Newspaper pull wont roll your fenders, i mean, it may depending on how thick the metal is and how flush you are but you should use a fender roller for that. Anyway, the way its done is you jack up the car, the ride height needs to be set so that the fender will sit on the tire, either by lowering the coils or removing the spring or strut. Place paper over the tire (if it has a spine make sure its outside the fender or away from touching any metal). The paper should be thicker than what you want to pull since the metal will bend back slightly once the car is lifted again. Heat the fender with a heat gun, the hotter the easier, just don't burn the paint. Slam the car down on the tire by releasing the jack, jump in the trunk, whatever. Repeat a few times till it doesn't pull anymore, then add paper and repeat if necessary.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

i have a roller which i used on my rears but since they are the 2 piece of metal type like yours i am having such a hard time getting it to roll anymore and i really need to get it done asap i just dont want to pay a shop to do it if i dont have to
                        Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

All that? Thats a lot! For all the trouble just use a damn pipe!

A kid on you tube jacked his car up so the wheel rolled freely and then he just used lots of pressure on the pipe to start some momentum to get the wheel rotating that way the wheel forced the pipe along. This way he could do it by himself with out someone driving the car forwards and backwards.
                          i have a roller which i used on my rears but since they are the 2 piece of metal type like yours i am having such a hard time getting it to roll anymore and i really need to get it done asap i just dont want to pay a shop to do it if i dont have to
                          I just said the hell with it and used some PVC, didnt have a metal pipe laying around. I jacked the car up, stuck the PVC in place and slowly lowered the car till it was hard to roll the PVC along. Then I forced it along. That did the trick. Of course I heated it this time.

Not as far as I would like but I think its gunna clear. If a roller aint doing it I dont know if this way will either. You should have more control over it easier with a roller. Maybe just add more heat?
                          Last edited by Lux; 04-21-2010, 09:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hinrichs View Post
                            e46 fenders are damn near impossible without having them cut

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
                              e46 fenders are damn near impossible without having them cut
                              yep. i cut mine. still a bitch to do but it looks real good.

Comment

Working...
                              X