e46 low offsets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e46 low offsets

Hey all, newbie here to the stance forums. I was sent over here from bimmerforums because you guys might be able to help me out better.

I found some wheels that I love but the offset is not specifically for my car. I have a 2001 BMW 325Ci w/ sport suspension. Stock wheels are 17x8 et47. The wheels I want to run are 19x8.5 et30 front and 19x9.5 et35 rear. I realize these are going to be very wide on my car. I used this http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262356 wheel size calculator and did some measuring on my car. I've concluded that the front wheels will stick out about 4mm past my fender, and the rears will be flush with my fender. Now that does not include tires, if they are going to be any wider than the rim is.

I was just wondering how can I make this work or if I can. I have seen a picture of a non-M e46 with the M3 rims on it and it looked horrible, with the wheels sticking out really far past the fenders. So I do not want my car looking like this. I'm hoping they will make my car just look like it has a good stance set up and not mexi-tires sticking way out. I do plan to lower it sometime, so will I need to do any fender rolling or pulling?

Also if anyone has any pics of a non-M e46 running these or similar offsets could you post them so I could see what it looks like.

Here is a link to the wheels I want http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...All&sort=Brand

Thanks

~Christian

That fitment doesn't seem very aggressive to me. I don't have an E46 but I am pretty sure you did some math wrong because I doubt 8.5" ET30 would poke outside of E46 fenders.

Go start doing some research on www.e46fanatics.com I know some guys there run very aggressive wheel and tire setups, you should be able to find a good baseline on what widths and offsets fit.

Comment

E46s run the same offset as E36, within reason.

Comment

those offsets sound just fine, it'll be aggressive, but most likely sit pretty flush.

ive got 19x8.5 et35 all around and my fronts could easily use some spacers and the rears are really close to flush. however, ive always had a feeling xi's were a little different...but ive got no evidence to back that up, ive never tried on another set of rims besides my stock style 73s.
        Ryan | flickr

Comment

Five in the front.
          Zero in the rear.

But on an 8.
          -Brandon
          E46 No More..
          Her Concise History:
          http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=778655

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw View Post
            Five in the front.
            Zero in the rear

But on an 8.
            I don't follow... Those are the size spacers I would need?

I just saw this guys set up http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602. He is running lower offset wheels than the ones I want and he says he has spacers. I don't know if e46 coupes and sedans are the same though? Meaning if those rims were on my car, if they would sit in the same spot on the wheel well.

Comment

Originally posted by Pimpin325Ci View Post
              I don't follow... Those are the size spacers I would need?

I just saw this guys set up http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=602. He is running lower offset wheels than the ones I want and he says he has spacers. I don't know if e46 coupes and sedans are the same though? Meaning if those rims were on my car, if they would sit in the same spot on the wheel well.
              no no, that guy has et28 and et30 after the spacers.

edit: jk, read what you wrote wrong. you should fine, just gotta choose the right tire widths/profiles.
              Last edited by Gottalovethexi; 07-21-2009, 03:10 PM.
              Ryan | flickr

Comment

So what size tires should I use if not the typical 225/35, 255/30? And Ryan, could you show me some pics of yours showing how flush or far the tires stick out?

Thanks

~Christian

Comment

ive got plenty of room in the front even when i recently turned my front coils all the way down (KW V1), still got like 2 finger gap, but the rears just have a finger squeeze, altho they dont sit flush.

Last edited by Gottalovethexi; 07-21-2009, 07:48 PM.
                  Ryan | flickr

Comment

Man that looks really good so then 8.5et30 and 9.5et35 wouldn't be much wider than that. I for sure need to get new rims now, because I just got my M3 bumper and strassentech lip installed today!

Comment

Front: 17x8 - 205/40/17 Fuzion ZRi's

ET 20 + 15mm spacer = ET 5

---

Rear: 17x8 - 205/40/17 Fuzion ZRi's

ET 20 + 20mm spacer = ET 0
                      -Brandon
                      E46 No More..
                      Her Concise History:

Comment

And Ryan, thats really impressive for an XI.
                        -Brandon
                        E46 No More..
                        Her Concise History:

Comment

if you want a really aggressive setup you'll need to run a little stretch in your tires if you plan to drop your car. those offsets that you've chose will be fine, theres plenty of people on e46fanatics that run offsets in the 20's. one person i can think of is junmoon.

Comment

Alright cool you guys have been alot of help. A little stretch meaning maybe 215f and 235 rear? I'd rather not go as low as 205s. It doesn't make a difference if I'm going 19s does it? I've noticed alot of you guys have 17s or 18s. Also Ryan what kind of rims do you have? I'm looking for some sweet gunmetal or black ones.

Thanks

~Christian

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw View Post
                              And Ryan, thats really impressive for an XI.
                              thanks b, ill be going lower soon

and i dont know much about tire widths vs. stretch, but im running 225s all around on my 8.5s

and ive got anthracite bbs ck's, trying to sell em too

Ryan | flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X