X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stronger Elevel Sensor Arms?

New to air ride and I have a question!

Just bagged my Genesis and I'm already kinda hung up on something. The elevel sensor arms are plastic...has anyone ever made one from aluminium or something? Seems like it'd be a no-brainer?
    sigpic
    IG: @sexxyton

Not as far as I know. The only issue I've had with my e-Level sensor arms thus far are self-induced (wheels rubbing on 'em), but I'd love to have an aluminum set just as a precaution.

The only worry might be that the current plastic arms act as a kind of a "fuse" - with stronger arms, you might transfer any damaging load to the expensive sensor rather than the cheap, repairable arms.

Comment

Yeah, that's what I was worrying about. The plastic arms are much cheaper than the sensor. But I think I'm going to fad up some CNC milled aluminum arms. Maybe sell them on the forums? I don't know, I just want to be as worry-free with my sensors as much as possible haha
      sigpic
      IG: @sexxyton

Comment

Not sure what kind of scenario you're thinking of where the existing arms aren't going to be strong enough. If you keep breaking the arms, then you need to re-evaluate your mounting location. The 2nd gen Accuair sensors are designed perfectly out of the box.
        2008 Acura TL Type-S, Accuair Equipped
        Follow me on Instagram: @ebelp

Comment

AccuAir recently redesigned their height sensors to with a stronger structure. Replaced mine recently and haven't had any issues whatsoever
          Originally posted by SeanDub
          Don't listen to that guy, he's on racelands, rotas AND he says yolo.

Comment

The new sensor arms aren't necessarily stronger since they are plastic verses the older style sensors that had metal arms.

Like Sam mentioned in the second post, the stronger the arms are, the more potential there is to damage the sensor itself.

The plastic arms are a way better design in my opinion. I have seen a bunch of customers break their older style sensors because they didn't have their range dialed in and since the metal arm was so strong, it would completely break the sensor when they aired out.

If you overextend the range with the new style sensors, in most cases the plastic arm itself will break instead of taking the whole sensor out with it. The plastic arms cost $15 to replace and will save you a lot of money in the long run considering a complete replacement sensor is $125.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Working...
            X