_Woodbridge Meet // GTG // Every Wednesday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• _Woodbridge Meet // GTG // Every Wednesday

Talked to a few Woodbridge heads and they think it'll be a good idea to start up a weekly meet again. This will take place at the Lowes off Smoketown Rd. I'm going to set the time at 7 P.M. to see how it goes first. Same rules apply to any other meet...be mature when you get there. Just don't do anything that would get the feds called on us. First meet will be Wednesday April 21st 2010. That's pretty much it..hopefully we get a decent amount of cars out there next Wednesday. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

When - Every Wednesday starting April 21st 2010
    Where - Lowes Parking Lot 13720 Smoketown Road Woodbridge VA 22192
    Time - Starting at 7 P.M.
    Who - Mainly VW's & other European cars.
    Directions - From 95

Take exit 158b to merge onto Prince William Pkwy towards Manassas.
    Then Just go down for 5 minutes and make a Right on Smoketown Rd.
    Destination will be on your left.

Very nice! Glad to see more meets popping up in the area. I personally don't drive a euro but I can appreciate one. Are these the same guys that meet up at Kingstowne on monday's? I've went to that last night and there were a decent amount of cars.

Comment

You do realize there are weekly Thursday Chevron meets, and Friday Dick's Meets in woodbridge right?

Comment

Originally posted by Forte EXE View Post
        You do realize there are weekly Thursday Chevron meets, and Friday Dick's Meets in woodbridge right?
        Dick's Sporting Goods in Woodbridge?
        '95 Black 5spd SC300 // 19" Work Eurolines // Coils // JDM Window Visors // JDM Front Lip // and a few fender dents

Comment

Ohh really Narvin? I never noticed..... im jk fool of course I know. I'm just not driving my car till i get some tires for my new wheels. Hopefully I can get a set by the UMD meet.

Comment

Originally posted by Tabaka View Post
            Dick's Sporting Goods in Woodbridge?
            Damn we straight high jacking this dead thread. Yea Dicks right next to TGI Fridays have weekly meets.

Comment

I need to start coming out to Hoodbridge for these meets. I live in Fauquier and work in PW so I really have no excuse to sit at home playing COD MW2 every single night of my life.
              MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
              Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

any of these still going on?

Comment

Cool not too far from the house, maybe I can stop by. I just have to stay out of Lowes though lol.
                  2001 Ford Focus Track car in Germany
                  2004 Ford Focus SVTF-ST170 Clone US
                  2006 Jeep Liberty CRD 40mm lift US
                  2010 Renault Clio Campus Germany

Comment

Nope, never knew this. What Chevron? And which Dick's? Wings or Sporting goods?

Oh wait this is some old posts.

Comment

New meet this year! Convenient location. Approval from law enforcement. Over 900 open parking spots. Check it out and invite your friends!

VA Rides Car Meet

EVERY SATURDAY NIGHT AT 9PM - Starting March 26, 2011 until the fall.

Directions - Take I95 to exit 133 towards Warrenton. At the 3rd traffic light, turn left into the lot. Its across route 17 from Pizza Hut and East Coast.

Located less than a mile from Interstate 95, Mcdonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell, Wendys, Pizza Hut, as well as several gas stations, the route 17 commuter lot in south Stafford is a perfect location. With OVER 900 open parking spaces, the lot is plenty large for a car meet. Initially meeting in the back portion of the lot, we will spread as the size of the meet increases.

We have been speaking with local law enforcement, and they are fine with us having a meet at this location as long as we are not stupid. Therefore some common sense rules need to be followed.

NO speeding through the lot.
                      NO burnouts
                      NO donuts
                      NO excessive noise (revving motors, loud music, etc)
                      NO drugs
                      NO alcohol
                      NO weapons
                      NO fighting

Remember if we want this meet to last, we need to be smart. So follow the rules. Throw away trash in a trash can and not in the lot. Don’t drive crazy leaving the lot, so it doesn’t reflect poorly on us. We want as many cars as possible, but we don’t need one or a small group of people ruining it for everyone else. While there will most likely not be a cop at the meet at all times, at any time there may be an officer in the parking lot. One or more may come by to check things out, but no one has to worry as long as we are behaving. If you do anything stupid, you can expect repercussions. And this will need to be a somewhat self-governed meet. If someone is doing anything stupid, by all means tell them to stop. Don’t be a jerk, but just tell them to really think about if they want to ruin it for everyone. Also, VA Rides does not condone street racing so please do not attempt to set up races at the meet.

We also plan on helping out the community with things such as a canned food collection, a toys for tots cruise, donations to local charities, etc. There also is a donation box on the premises in the front lot that we encourage people to donate to. No one is obligated to do any of these things, but it’s nice to do and will help keep good relations with the community. More details on giving back to the community will be announced at a later time.

We understand there is another local car meet, however VA Rides has decided to part ways with REV-X. The meet had many good characteristics, but also several negative ones. (location relative to main roads, certain policies in force, etc). We wish them the best, but have decided to organize a new VA Rides Meet for Saturday nights.

Comment

^ I'd go to that if it wasn't all the way down in Stafford.

Comment

Not that far from me. Looks like the first meeting had 90 cars. They say the old location pulled 300+

Comment

New locatiion for tonight, Quakerstate and Lube sports bar thingy at exit 130 in Fredricksburg dragging Rdy4War with me since he is crashing here for the night.

Quaker Steak & Lube in Fredericksburg
                            1300 Central Park Boulevard
                            Fredericksburg, VA 22401

Comment

R\\\

IT'S GO TIME!!!

REV-X
                              is kicking off tonight at 8:00PM and ends at 12:00AM

Address:
                              11120 Gordon Road
                              Fredericksburg, VA 22407

Directions:

From I-95:
                              exit on 130B
                              stay straight for 2.9 miles.
                              Turn LEFT on Gordon Road.
                              Stay straight for 1.8 miles
                              Turn right and enter the parking lot.
                              Note: You will pass another smaller car meet on the way to us, in Central Park, right off the highway. The person that started this meet was kicked out of REV-X for reckless behavior. I am only commenting on this because people were confused that the other meet was REV-X.

From Culpeper / Western Virginia:
                              Take Route 3 EAST
                              Turn RIGHT on Gordon Road.
                              Stay straight for 1.8 miles
                              Turn right and enter the parking lot.

Comment

Working...
                              X