Define "daily driven".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Define "daily driven".

I've noticed that alot of people on the multiple forums i'm a regular on throw the words "daily driven" around when referring to their car's duties, when in reality, those cars are a far cry from being a "daily driver". Its not that I hold a grudge against said people, but it kinda irritates me honestly.

First off, my car is a daily driver. Its an '07, picked it up brand new in October '06, and it currently has 65,xxx on it. Its been driven through rainstorms, hail, snow, has been backed into 3 times, has had multiple visits to Dent Masters thanks to shopping cars/idiots who don't know how to open doors, has had a bent/destroyed wheel, replaced several tires due to nails, broken wheel studs, and sees regular 400+ mile trips (one way) to visit my rents down in SC. The half ass silver interior trim that came standard is begining to chip/peel and my driver's side floor matt now has a full on hole worn in it from heal wear, and the carpet is actually begining to wear now in that spot.

Its my only car, as in my current situation I can really only afford just the one car, and to me, is the defenition of a daily driver.

However, alot of guys throw that term around pretty loosely just because their pristine garage bubble kept $50,000 cars see's occasional road time, and god forbid, they might actually break those windshield wipers in over the course of a year. Guys.....thats not a daily driver. Thats just you manning up and driving your overpriced toy, lol. The word "daily" refers to "daily basis". I see show cars at HIN with widebody kits, sitting an inch from the ground with "daily driven" stickers on them......yet somehow the underside of their bumpers are still mint and theres not a scratch in sight, and the wheels are still flawless. There is NO WAY those cars are daily driven. I take good care of my car, but I also drive it alot, so things are gonna happen.

This rant isn't againt anyone on here neccesarily, its just.....well.....a rant. I'm bored at work and I saw someone on here (no names) refer to his car as daily driven, and to be honest, I just have a hard time believing that. I'm sure he/she has some busted ass Camry wagon or something thats his REAL daily driver.....and the other car is just a toy that sees occasional road time....when the weather is right of course
    MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
    Instagram - @osshwa

my e30 is/was my daily. i drive it whenever its not on stands, and i drive it hard.

but its summer so i put it on stands to finally rebuild it.

Comment

I know what you mean.

Some people do go to extra lengths with their daily cars though.

You know, parking at the end of parking lots, being really gentle, and cleaning it compulsively.

Personally, I drive and use mine everyday like it's a 22 year old scratched car. It's not a show car, it's my daily fun car. Works for me.

Comment

Daily driver... Driven daily.

Very self explanatory.

Comment

both my e28 and my mustang can function as daily drivers. usually the e28 is the "true" daily, but if/when it breaks/gets mods, the mustang takes over. then the process reverses itself. both cars have been in the rain, though the mustang gets a little "exciting" so i tend not to drive it in rain.

i consider both daily drivers
          2011 Outback 2.5i 6MT #subarubaru - daily/off-pavement adventure vehicle
          2001 BMW 325i Wagon 6MT #daswagoon - wife's #becauseracewagon
          1996 Suburban 2500 TD #superbbourbon - tow bitch/people hauler

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
            Daily driver... Driven daily.

Very self explanatory.
            Exactly, but alot of people don't seem to understand this.....lol.
            Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Teh E21 does not equally daily driven.

Eye fucked on the regular though.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

^ ha, so true, I eye fuck it on the webs everyday.

I usually have 2-4 cars at a time, all of them that are able to run/stop/drive are daily driven. I drive one for a week or two, then park it and drive another for a few. Rain/sleet/snow/sun I dont care. I am even driving my W210 right now with the paint half way sanded off and the bumper is body filler color. This way I keep miles low and still get to enjoy all of them.
                [

Comment

Originally posted by TheNeek View Post
                  Teh E21 does not equally daily driven.

Eye fucked on the regular though.
                  Nice.

Every day I go somewhere it's in the same car. My Tib. E38 sits in the garage needing a water pump a gas tank, and stance

Comment

Mine is the only car I own, so I pretty much drive it. Not always every day because I have no life and usually sit at home on the computer. And because it's not fun to drive a black on black car with no A/C blower motor when it's 100º+ outside.
                    Dylan Leff - www.originalplate.com

Comment

Originally posted by mojocoggo View Post
                      And because it's not fun to drive a black on black car with no A/C blower motor when it's 100º+ outside.
                      Twas 107° today and this is another reason why I don't take my car to work.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

My 944 is my daily, has done quite a few road trips too. The other car is even less practical

Comment

Mine is driven everyday and beat on hard, then see's the track or autox on the weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by mojocoggo View Post
                            Mine is the only car I own, so I pretty much drive it. Not always every day because I have no life and usually sit at home on the computer. And because it's not fun to drive a black on black car with no A/C blower motor when it's 100º+ outside.
                            Unemployed? lol
                            Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Daily driven = nevird yliad

Comment

Working...
                              X