weird clunking noise in rear w108 suspension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird clunking noise in rear w108 suspension

Hello all, i recently cut my springs on my 1967 mercedes 250s w108 2in in front and 2in in rear. I have a rear compensator spring. After reinstalling my rear springs and driving the car every time i turn left or right the rear makes a vibrating loose spring like thumping noise as if somthing was jumping up and down then after i speed up and drive on a straight road and hit bumps that noise is not their.
    I was thinking that the rear compensator spring was trying to push up when i turn because it thinks the car is under alot of weight?? just a guess.

Any suggestions ideas would help

thank you !

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

you can here the noise here

Comment

i have the same problem , only when i drive harder then 90km/u

and my car is stock

Comment

I really want to lower my Prelude but how to I get it quite low (not below 10cm) without dramatically changing the handling for the worst.
        Prep4sure.co Cisco 352-001 Microsoft 70-981 Answers 500-007 Pass4sure CWSP-205 Labs 3100 Questions 1z0-408

Comment

depending upon how low you made the rear, the swing axel could be binding. The static spring doesnt really push the rear back up, its just meant to attempt to keep the swing axle level under load. Did you have positive camber before you lowered it? However if your hearing a thunk type sound, you may want to look at the center top mount which could be going bad. Its main bolt attachment can be found in the trunk in the center right behind the rear seat.

Although after watching your video, that noise is super odd, have you checked the fluid in the diff? Dunno if any of that helps, I know this post is super late, you may have resolved it by now.

Comment

Working...
          X