This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accuair elevel issue

Past few days I have been getting a red light in my controller. It only lights up the right front arrow. Manually Airing up and down is only possible. Presets is will not work when it's flashing. This issue has been going in and out for past few days.

The front passenger side will stay up when it auto levels to preset #2 on start up.

Here are some picture of the installed sensors and bracket. Anyone have some insight?

Here is the issue side...

Driver side

That error would indicate that the e-Level ECU cannot get a reading off that particular sensor. I would unmount the sensor and thoroughly clean both its socket and the harness. I've got the newer-style sensors on mine, and I've noticed the ECU is fussy about the quality of connection between it and the height sensors.

If this persists after checking the connection, you might try zip-tying the harness to the socket, just to be extra sure the connection is solid.

Comment

Accuair elevel issue

Thanks Sam. I also noticed the difference in pivot position. I wonder if that could also be the issue.

Comment

Came back from lunch to this... Smh maybe I should have stayed with airlift v2....

Comment

Originally posted by j_up View Post
          Thanks Sam. I also noticed the difference in pivot position. I wonder if that could also be the issue.
          Yes, that very much could be. I missed that on my first glance, but it could well be that the two sides are moving opposite one another in rotation and the e-Level ECU does not know how to interpret that kind of input.

It's hard to tell, since I'm not familiar with your setup, but it looks like the way you've got your sensors positioned, the pivot may have a point in its travel where it could pivot to either side, and has basically "flopped" to the upper side of its travel on the passenger side. I'm not explaining this well at all, but I'd try setting it so the pivot matches the setup on the driver's side, and see what happens. You may have to get under there and do some rearranging to make sure this doesn't continue to happen.

EDIT: Give me a minute and I'll draw a little diagram that'll better illustrate what I'm thinking.

Comment

Okay, here's what I'm thinking is going on with your height sensors.

Ordinarily, your sensor and control arm relationship is like this:

So when your suspension compresses, they do this:

And on suspension extension, they do this:

So, let's imagine you either air out all the way or the car goes over a big enough bump to severely compress the suspension. Then, the relationship might look like this:

And depending on how far the suspension compresses, now the pivot arm has swapped to the other side, causing the condition in your photos:

Does this seem like what could be going on with your suspension? If that's the case, you're going to have to move things around so that the pivot arm and linkage are never in a straight line throughout the suspension system's travel.

Comment

Yes!!!!! That's what I was thinking too now I can move it back to where it needs to be but my other concern is it reverting back to this position in the future. I appreciate you chiming in and mocking up the diagrams!

Comment

Took the wheel off yesterday and saw this... Yet still have the red lights for both arrows.

I also checked the connection n it seems to be perfectly seated. And no issue on with connection to the actual elevel ecu in the trunk.

Comment

Have you tried recalibrating the system? It's possible the sensor arm flipping has confused the ECU, and even with it in the right place now, the ECU is still confused about the signals it's getting from that corner.

Comment

Yeah I did the auto cal and manual cal. Both came back with lights being red. I put in a call to accuair to get a new sensor.

Comment

Working...
                    X