This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e-Level "pulsing" on air down

Hey all. I finally got around to calibrating my e-Level system this morning, and I noticed that while the vehicle airs up smoothly, when lowering, the system is alternately opening and closing the front and rear valves, causing the car to rock back and forth as it goes down. I shot a quick video of it going down through the presets so you can see what's going on:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz7yC-yNmf8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz7yC-yNmf8[/ame]

What would be causing the ECU to decide to open and close the valves like that?

Thanks!

Just a few questions, what valves are you running and what size air lines are you running? It seems that this is happening due to how fast the front is dropping. If you slowed down the speed of air releasing from the bags it would be much smoother
    sigpic

Comment

I've got a VU4 with 3/8" lines. There's an SMC flow control and a dump muffler on the exhaust, but the bag lines themselves are straight off the valve block.

If you watch the video, it appears that the rear is ratcheting down also, which is what makes it seem so weird to me. I'll try slowing the fronts down a bit and see what happens.

Thanks!

Comment

Sam, did you tried to mess with the RideMonitor™ Mode Accuracy Level?

Comment

No, the solution I came up with was to just install a pair of SMC flow control valves inline with each bag line. With them, I was able to slow the front down to drop evenly with the rear, which eliminated the pulsing effect.

Comment

Interesting, since I will use the Accuair Rocker Switch with a home made valve manifold I am "shopping" around keep me alert of any idiosyncrasy...
            Dully noted the solution.
            Last edited by svcglobal; 05-17-2015, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X