cutting coils on my e34.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cutting coils on my e34.

hi. I want to lower my e34 by cutting the coils. it is my daily driver so I don't want it to be mad low. has anyone got pictures of a cut coil e34 or has anyone got any advice on how many to cut. thank you.

No. God, no. Seriously just save up for some lowering springs. I wouldnt do that because then you put more wear on the shocks, which in turn puts more wear on your subframe componenents. And those suspension bushings are a pretty common issue so unless youve gone through and updated them(Which you most likely havent. If you had $$ for that, you wouldnt be cutting springs) then theyre most likely on the back nine.

Just save for springs.

Youre still going to have to take the strut out and dissassemble it. Once you start riding on cut coils, you'll want to get lowering springs.

But hey, if you REALLY wanna cut your coils, then just cut about 2. you should get an inch off the first coil so 2 is probably fine. Maybe 3 but that might be pushin it.
    Simple.

Comment

DO IT! i ride on them in my e28. sure its not the best. but i dont drive like an idiot, so i dont have any problems

IG: Nick475

Comment

thanks. I will go 2 coils for a start and I am putting new gas struts on and new bushes on the front. I cut the springs on my old golf and a few more cars I had and they were fine. just wondered if anyone else had chopped an e34?

Comment

C'mon OP search! There's a thread even on this page with everything your looking for!
          The general style discussion forum, as well as a place to post your car, or any car for that matter.

In your case I would cut springs, but maybe if anything start with 2 up front and 1 and three quarters coils in the back since e34's have the weird-ed rear fenders that are cut off lower than the fronts. it is possible to run without spring pads as well and has been done plenty of times if the lows aren't enough and is said that it doesn't diminish ride noticeably.... but please post pics when finished! Remember you can always cut but can't replace so start off with a tad amount! Good luck!
          Last edited by Kinghorn; 03-06-2014, 08:35 PM.

BENZWGN Build Thread

Comment

thanks. I will post before and after pics. you have really helped.

Comment

Working...
            X