This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spray wax thoughts?

Hey everyone, so since I got my M3 back in October, I have been using Optimum Spray wax (http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-spray-wax.html)

Anyways, I have been using it about twice a month since I have had the car and while I like it; easy to apply, and pretty quick, it seems like once it rains the wax is pretty much gone. I don't have much experience with wax but when I had my GTI, I would wax with NXT tech 2.0. I only used it a few times so I don't remember much but I feel like even after a rain, the wax was still present; I could rub my hand across the car and it still felt like I had just applied the wax. The spray wax, seems to come off as soon as it rains.

Anyways, what are everyone's thoughts on spray wax? To me I guess it is a cheap/quick wax; quick and easy but doesn't last. I am sure chemically, and in terms of UV protection, spray waxes aren't instantly removed after a rain but please correct me if I am wrong.

Any recommendations on waxes? If anyone knows about some better spray waxes I would love to stick with them

I do believe the main point of wax was to deter rain from paint, haha, I use colkinite 458, polish your paint first and then a couple coats of collinite and water will just glide off. I love that stuff

91 S13 Hatch daily.
    92 S13 Coupe HKS SR22
    2011 Scion xb
    1998 Lexus GS400 SOLD
    1993 Lexus LS400 SOLD
    1993 Lexus SC400 SOLD
    I made a build thread :|

Comment

Well, it just seems like the waxing doesn't last as long...well doesn't last at all.

Comment

I have been using Mothers FX wax for years, for the price you can't beat it, it looks great and it last.

Sent from Mars
        “Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.”
        Steve McQueen

Comment

Spray wax isent meant to really "last long" compared to actually waxing a car. Spray wax is for a quick on the go type deal or if you already waxed your car then the next time you wax it, you can spray your car to spruce it back up a little bit too keep the water beading longer. Buy yourself a good wax/sealent, Meguairs Ultimate Liquid Wax is a good wax/sealent that you can by instore or if you want a really good wax buy Pinnacle Souvern Liquid wax from autogeek. A good wax like a named will bead up water for 4-7 months.
          Instagram|Tiedtoagrizzley

Comment

Sonax Extreme Brilliance shine is a great product. Lasts a couple of washes, beads like a wax but is as easy to use as a QD.

Excellent between waxes as well.

no, I don't work for Sonax either

Comment

Maybe its just me then. But when waxing and it rains...if you aren't driving the water beads up and then drys to the car. This is normal correct?

Comment

Spray wax, to me doesn't really have an intent to actually substitute a normal wax regiment. If you're gonna use it as a wax substitute then it's not gonna give good results. It works as a good cleaner tho, but even then you should really hose your car off first to get the dirt particles off or you risk scratching the paint if you through a detailer at dirty dusty etc paint. After I hose off, I spray the spray wax on the water that's on the car to help lube the wiping process. To me t hats spray waxes best use

Comment

It definitely aids in drying a somewhat wet car.

Comment

Working...
                  X