Managing a nasty driveway with a static car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Managing a nasty driveway with a static car

Hey guys, got some new coilovers for the CL9 and they're able to get to the "PERFECT" height that I want looks-wise... I just have a driveway that's terrible for my car.

Here's an idea of what I'd suffer with the old height

it's about an inch lower on the rear and a tad lower on the front now, so yeah. the chassis of the car hits the pavement quite hard, and it gets stuck without planks.

I had to get some planks and somehow managed to get the car out without getting stuck. Tried reversing it up but no dice - stock exhaust hits the pavement hard at some point.

Now since quite a few of you guys probably suffer the same fate, I'm hoping some of you could chime in on what you did to make your cars get out of your crap driveways. I was just looking for some pointers when making a ramp, what sort of lengths you were measuring, and so on.

I'm gonna hit up an exhaust shop tomorrow and have them raise the factory exhaust as high as it can possibly go, but I'm worried that I still may not be able to make it in the garage even with that. Pointers would be appreciated loads!

Raising the car, buying aircups and keeping the car permanently outside are last resort options!

Cheers

go faster. Inertia is your friend

Comment

maybe even look into an aircup system for the rear or front?
      03' Toyota Crown Athlete V Premium

Originally posted by TRaNz
      getout.

Comment

Shave the concrete.
        I'd love a drive way that is that flat. Last 3 houses have been twice as steep going onto the road
        Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

Originally posted by veedubbin View Post
          i second this

Instagram: @andrewgcross

Comment

shave the crete
            or else continue with the plank life
            www.ohitsandy.blogspot.com

www.flickr.com/andhey

Comment

plank it
              Originally posted by Smeeeb
              Iloveitslammedinmyarse if I remember correctly.

Comment

Pack your things and move out. Find another house.
                Y'all know me, still the same OG.

Comment

Originally posted by Titty View Post
                  Pack your things and move out. Find another house.
                  This. Time to move.

But in all seriousness, just use some planks for the rear wheels. It's not that difficult, it's YOUR house, keep planks in YOUR garage. It'd be different if it was an issue on your commute to work or something that you'd be dicked about. It'll suck having to get out of your car every time you pull in but whatever, deal with it or raise the car.
                  Instagram @l0w1if3

Comment

Originally posted by veedubbin View Post

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, had the exhaust raised yesterday, i'm able to reverse in now without destroying the exhaust (tried it before... felt like the exhaust was going to come off).

reversing in reduces most of the scrape to just one small area on the chassis now, planks have sorted that out Going in normally is still screwed up, but i can live with that.

I can make it in/out of work easily with the cl9, and the fact that the car isn't practical in most carparks isn't much of an issue for me anyway - I use another car for most of my errands and so on.

Happy that the car can at least make it in & out of the garage now! Cheers

Comment

I have the same problem getting out of my garage every day too.

btw, am I the only one who noticed how nice your garage is? lol
                        Originally posted by cobrawannabe
                        More lotion.

My build thread

Instagram: Franswishaaa

Comment

air cups

Comment

could always try to enter/exit garage at a angle?

Comment

Throw some long 2x4's under the rear tires to keep it from scraping.

Comment

Working...
                              X