This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accuair problems...1 bag dumping air

I have been testing my car, it has an accuair vu4 accuair manifold and self levelling controller (however the height sensors aren't installed yet). I have been having a problem I was wondering if someone had the same issues and figured them out.

The problem is that when driving, randomly the rear right bag starts dumping air for about 2 or 3 seconds I'd fill it up again and it would hold. Recently this problem has become more frequent, today I went for a short drive and it was unbearable. If I park the car aired up it wouldn't loose air so there aren't any leaks. Also the controller starts flashing showing the arrow pointing upwards (the manual says the voltage is too high, over 16volts, but I believe something else could be causing the error). They suggested to check the grounds too.

I asked accuair about it and they said it could debris in the manifold. I opened it and cleaned it and a tiny spec of debris came out, worked ok for a couple of weeks but now the problem is back and worse than ever, same airbag.

Any ideas, should I clean the manifold again, if so whats the best way. I have a small ultra sonic cleaner that might work better. Alternatively should I replace the poppets, maybe one of them isn't sitting well?

I want to solve this problem before fitting the ride height sensors and risk damaging them or adding more variables to the problem
    Check out my Alfa restoration here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8l...7WzTiNj8Xy6C4A

email accuair, they have awesome customer service.
    United States Of Stance
    www.unitedstatesofstanceshop.bigcartel.com
    Ig: @Stuart.treybich
    @Unitedstatesofstance_

Comment

your height sensors shouldn't get damaged by the bag deflating. If anything it would help with the leak by trying to fill the bag while you're driving. If you damage a sensor by deflating a bag, then you've installed them incorrectly. My .02

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

You might want to try swapping the fill and dump valve or move the stem to a different station. Try to determine if it's related to the valve block, stem or even something electrical. It's frustrating but maybe you can narrow it down a little to pinpoint the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by NycCustomizer View Post
          You might want to try swapping the fill and dump valve or move the stem to a different station. Try to determine if it's related to the valve block, stem or even something electrical. It's frustrating but maybe you can narrow it down a little to pinpoint the problem.
          Funnily enough a bud suggested this today...why didn't I think about it doh!
          I opened the manifold to see if there's any debris but its clean, I also removed and inspected the bag and hose which look fine. Next I'll check all the connections etc and try swapping hoses. I'd like to narrow it down before emailing accuair, so I'll ask the right questions.

Oh and Neek..I'd like to have this settled before adding more variables to the problems especially if its electric. You're right height sensors shouldn't get damaged but I don't want to rely on them to keep the car up. Sickest E21 ever btw

Comment

Are you using any swivel fittings? I have trouble on my Bavaria with these leaking intermittently.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

Originally posted by TheNeek View Post
              Are you using any swivel fittings? I have trouble on my Bavaria with these leaking intermittently.
              I have straight SMC fittings all round as in the picture

I had some really slow leaks, intermittent at times which were cause by ends not being cut straight. Even a slight burr in on the edge of the hose can cause a leak. If you think its the fittings why not try a different brand? Oh and loctite 565 on the threads, probably know this

This week I took my system apart and I'll improve the grounds maybe it will solve it. I believe its an electrical problem, its hard to pinpoint what's wrong.

Comment

High quality DOT fittings are really worth the extra cost. Fitting with tube supports inside keep the tube straight so any tension won't cause a leak. Scratches in the line can keep the prongs from sealing properly. I use swivels all the time, it keeps things cleaner IMO. Look into Alkon or SMC fittings and you'll see the tube support.

What have you tried that makes you think it's electrical? You mentioned that that one corner deflates only while driving. If you cut power to the system and drive does the problem go away? If so I'd say it's something electrical as well.

Comment

Originally posted by NycCustomizer View Post

What have you tried that makes you think it's electrical? You mentioned that that one corner deflates only while driving. If you cut power to the system and drive does the problem go away? If so I'd say it's something electrical as well.
                  I haven't tried that yet, I started by inspecting the hoses and bags to make sure there's no physical damage. I hope to have time tomorrow to put it back together and try swaping hoses in the manifold and turn the system off and drive the car raised.

I believe its electrical as the controller flashes when the fault happens (arrows upwards as in too much voltage code) but I think its something else like poor ground or a short or so

Comment

How do your air lines enter the rear fittings? Do they do straight out of the fitting, up past the upper mount or do they make a quick 90° turn to go toward the front or rear of the car? Do they go above or under your upper control arm?

At this point from everything that was stated above, it seems like you might not be leaving enough slack for the air line and it is getting pulled out of the fitting while you drive and your suspension actuates. Hence why you don't have this problem while parked for an extended period of time.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Originally posted by Rali@BagRiders View Post
                      How do your air lines enter the rear fittings? Do they do straight out of the fitting, up past the upper mount or do they make a quick 90° turn to go toward the front or rear of the car? Do they go above or under your upper control arm?

At this point from everything that was stated above, it seems like you might not be leaving enough slack for the air line and it is getting pulled out of the fitting while you drive and your suspension actuates. Hence why you don't have this problem while parked for an extended period of time.
                      I don't think its the case because the air line leaves the manifold turns back towards the airbag and enters the bag from the top via a straight fitting. See picture. The top of the mount is fixed and the moving components are below the assembly. I also think that if the fitting loses air it wouldn't go back to sitting properly after a couple of seconds. (I'm not sure maybe you've experienced this before) I have an extra length of hose, so I ll make it a bit longer just in case.

I appreciate the help as I'm not only one in the country running an accuair system (as far as I know)!!

Comment

Comment

Can you take a picture of how the air line is attached to the fitting on that bag? From the photo, it still looks like the air line is going to be at a weird angle coming out of the fitting since the line goes inside that top mount. I still think your leak issue is being caused by the way you have that fitting set up but I am only basing it off of what I imagine after seeing the photo.

The air line is going to need to come straight out of that fitting and by the looks of the following photo, the male straight is outside of the top mount so the air line would have to make a quick bend to go back inside. I may be wrong but another photo would help.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Oh that's the front...I just posted that to show neek the fitting types...the front work fine, the backs are where the problem is. They re kind of hard to photograph becuase they're in a recess. I 'll see what pics I have. I haven't found time to put the back together and trouble shoot.

If I turn the controller off, I can determine if the problem is electrical or mechanical..I'll post later

Comment

I found some time to work on this. I pulled the back end apart, and added better ground and a longer hose for the side that gave me problems. This did absolutely nothing!!

I took the car for a test drive and the problem re-appeared so I did the following checks. Swapped manifold hoses , 3 with 4 and fair enough the other side deflated, meaning port no 4 is the problem not the hardware like hoses etc.

I unplugged the main fuse that powers the system and the problem didn't happen.

I have a feeling the main current supply is weak, the 12v + wire is connected to the factory fuse box that has those old style plastic fuses and might have intermittent current. Does it make sense? I still don 't understand why only no 4 lets air out as the valves are normally close....

I'll email accuair and see if they ever came across a problem like this !!

Comment

Working...
                              X