This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it safe

Read a lot of forums and comments, just wanted y'all's 2c. a mockup for deleting leader lines, heard lines will "get too hot" and melt the plastic, and a ton of people who say its perfectly same to run, lemme know.

flaming and calling me stupid encouraged
    @DollaDollaDill

Picture is hard to see, but I wouldn't be worried unless you actually have plastic touching the compressor itself. The leader line gets hot, but I doubt it gets hot enough to melt plastic.
    2008 Acura TL Type-S, Accuair Equipped
    Follow me on Instagram: @ebelp

Comment

First I was wondering why you are deleting the leader hose?

If you are set on going without a leader hose why not get rid of the plastic DOT tubing and just use brass fittings instead? Are you going to be installing a check valve downstream? Will you be mounting the compressor in a position that puts the trap verically?

Comment

A couple of thoughts:

1. You need a check valve somewhere in there - the check valve off the Viair leader hose is fine, but you've got to have one or the compressor simply won't compress.

2. If heat does become a problem, a 1" section of copper or aluminum hardline can't cost more than a nickel.

3. The closer your water separator is to your compressor, the warmer the air going into it. The warmer the air, the less effective your water separator will be. It's not a big deal, and I probably wouldn't worry about it (mine's close too), but it's something to consider.
        Last edited by Oh Damn, it's Sam; 01-31-2014, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X