Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Advice needed on restoring 22 year old paint.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed on restoring 22 year old paint.

I'm just quickly after some 'what to do' with my paint. It's the original white and after what seems like a rough life under the Australian sun is dull and stubborn, I've tried a 'heavy duty' cut and hand polish and finished it off with a buff using Meguiars ultimate wax, yet it's still rather dull, being cleared, I was wondering if a wet sand would help at all or if I'd be pushing shit up a hill, I've got access to a buff and can spend a fairly reasonable amount on bringing it back to life, I feel as though paint care is paramount to having a respectable looking car and I'm just not satisfied with the paint it has, a respray/wrap is on the cards but I'm curious as to what I could do in the meantime to keep me happy and not wanting to wash it every three seconds to see it sparkle.. Any advice will be taken on board.

Thanks in advance.

im not a pro but its souds like you could get away with just wet sanding it and doing a couple layers of clear. but a wrap seems like a nice idea as well. than again, which one would be cheaper and are you going to do the work yourself?

instagram: @keenanhaye

Comment

Not much can be done to it now that its so old and broken down, best bet would be to have someone re-clear coat it. But if you are there at that point may as well just repaint the whole thing.

Comment

Working...
      X