question on dumped integra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question on dumped integra

Sat should be my day to slam my integra i'm going 4" all around , its the max the coilover can go. But my issue is will it RUB BAD ON MY SIDE since i'm a heavy guy? 300+ ...im a giant in the cars but i like em haha, i dont mind small tire rub but i dont wanna run into nothing major. I'm going to be on cheap eBay coilovers for now untill i can move up in the world.

it depends on your wheel tire setup and shit like that, but the beauty of coilovers is that they're adjustable, so just adjust accordingly

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Slam it already BigMike...! Then show us some pics.....!
      sigpic
      2001 Black Audi A4
      on 19" Axis Speed Six

Comment

Yeah i am ! Lol fuck it if i rub i rub ! im on steelies for now

Comment

You could adjust the left side so that once you get in the car its level and you don't rub, I have seen it done it just takes a deal of precision. Not sure if you wanna do that though because it won't look right once you are out of the car.
          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Don't do ebay coils man! you'll completely **** it...
            Unless you've had them before and don't mind the ride haha.
            What size tires are you running? Good chance you'll rub, mostly on turns.

Comment

What shocks are you getting? Because if your using stock ones, you wont get a 4" drop even though they say you will.

Comment

That and they will last all of 5 seconds.
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

I would just adjust, keep going lower till you start to rub.. Make sure you get a nice ruler that can measure the in/out side of points between the stop rings that way you can really dial it in.

stanceNeon | halcyonphoto.net

Comment

if anything i'll just max the coils out so they'll all even out the lowest they can go so i wont have trouble with it looking un-even. If it rubs hopefully it'll be a little which i'd be ok with for a temp... and i did get ebay coils... FOR NOW.. im broke and can't afford shit and i got friends on ebay coils MAXED out and they say its bouncy a bit but not that bad

Comment

i really wish they made cheap Ebay coils for my 05 Altima. the cheapest are brand names, and starting at around $850 or more.

Comment

what type of shocks ?
                        what size are your tires ?
                        and have you taken the plastic line out ?

To be honest, ebays ride like SHIT the blue ones right ?
                        - and they wont give you a 4' drop, i use to have some when i first got my teg two years ago and now i have ksports, they ride smooth as fuck and go low as shit

do you have after market upper control arms ?
                        if so, you might want to put the stock ones back on because they are the strongest, ebay coilovers aren't stiff or made for slamming a car so your sub frame will most likely slam against the upper control arm when you hit a bump and because of your weight ( no offence ) it just might break the upper control arm.
                        Last edited by *96tegls*; 04-12-2010, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Ok, so its slammed now right...? Its past saturday, I wanna see the results.
                          sigpic
                          2001 Black Audi A4
                          on 19" Axis Speed Six

Comment

Interested to see how this turns out lol

I don't recommend the eBay coils. Save up and do it right.

Comment

i'm on Bomz ebay BLUE coilovers for a Cavalier. $40 and are half in shorter than any normal civic coilover. rides reallllly good, as great as my skunk2s on my EG8. anywho, since they so low i used 88 accord shocks in the front and 93 civic shocks rear. i'm raised up front and rear and dragging everywhere and tucking 15s. so NOT ALL "blue" ebay coilovers are shit. i'm just stating.

btw check out my intro thread for pics.
                              Last edited by Zombie247; 04-12-2010, 04:25 PM. Reason: btw
                              '89 civic hatch 15x8 sportmaxx 501 +15 offset stolen and recovered without my wheels SOLD
                              '93 civic sedan tbd
                              '92 civic sedan cheviot reverse mesh

Comment

Working...
                              X