Rear camber on a front drive car??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear camber on a front drive car??

I see several cars on here that have a good amount of negative camber in the rear of a front drive car. Wondering what the solution is for this.

I've got a '99 A4 Front drive. It's low enough to fit in around here I suppose. My issue is I switched tires and the new ones have a much more squared sidewall and are rubbing in the rear. I've already worn the sidewall lettering off of them and in just mounting them back on the car for the summer it seems like they're rubbing worse than ever. I'm a bit afraid of going through the sidewall at this point.

So...is there a way to get camber out of the rear of my front driver with a straight rear axle? I'm really trying to avoid raising it back up.

Andy

Camber shims are your only real option

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
    Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

Originally posted by AudiOn19s View Post

So...is there a way to get camber out of the rear of my front driver with a straight rear axle?
      With that said, Aaron is right. Camber shims are pretty much your only option with straight rear beams/axles.
      Originally posted by Jesus Christ
      if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
      Originally posted by Jedidiah
      he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

on that note, your probably not going to rub through the sidewall

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Working...
        X