Adapter dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adapter dilemma

So for my fikses i have 5x112=>5x100 adapters...

the front ones are some special 15mm adapters from germany..i dont want to ruin them cause they're "supposedly" worth quite a lot...(theyre DOT approved from europe..and i know its not called DOT, ive been up for like 50 hours..give me a break)

the rear ones are regular 18mm adapters..

my problem is...

1) i want to run 15s in the back too, but i dont want to buy new ones...id rather have my old ones shaved down 3mm's...but the studs are pressed on the adapter, so this causes a problem..has anyone had any experience with this kind of work? I heard if i got the studs pushed back out, it might take some of the aluminum with it...

2) the expensive german adapters, their lugs are 14x1.5 and not 12x1.5...any way of changing this? Again the studs are pressed on.

Thanks

Car in question.
    The safest and most inclusive global community of photography enthusiasts. The best place for inspiration, connection, and sharing!

I'm pretty sure if the studs are pressed in, that they have to come out and be re-pressed to even shave the pad/adapter down.
    Originally posted by Jesus Christ
    if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
    Originally posted by Jedidiah
    he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

its a 3mm difference..... just pull the fender 3mm to compensate if its that close

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Originally posted by extol1337 View Post
        I'm pretty sure if the studs are pressed in, that they have to come out and be re-pressed to even shave the pad/adapter down.
        i know that, i just dont know if its going to rip some of the aluminum out when they are pressed out?

3mm does wonders when ur that low on stretched tires
        i dont want to ruin the arch of the rear quarter panel

Comment

Working...
        X