This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accuair Elevel

I have a question regarding the elevel. Since you dont need pressure gauges to monitor the bags, will the elevel system automatically stop inflating at max psi if you air up manually? I think 125psi is the max each bag can hold. So if i aired up manually with the touchpad will it stop inflating past 125 psi.

Also with the new updated elevel sensors. Does each corner have to use the same mounting hole in order for the readings to be correct. For example lets say i mounted the sensor on the last hole at 4" travel then another corner on a whole with 2" travel. Will it throw off my readings?

As far as I know, e-Level does not monitor bag pressure at all, meaning that if you have a max pressure your bags can handle, the e-Level system has no way of knowing that. My solution would be to either only fill your tank to 110 psi or so to give yourself some headroom, or put a pressure regulator on the fill line between the tank and the valve manifold.

As far as the sensors go, I'm 99% sure that the system learns each sensor individually. What kind of setup do you have that would require such a dramatically different setup side to side?

Comment

Ok good to know. I didn't want to manually inflate the bags on the touch pad and have my bags all of a sudden blow. As for the sensors I just wanted to have an idea of how the updated sensors worked. Just incase my front and rear needed different mounting holes.

Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
      As far as I know, e-Level does not monitor bag pressure at all, meaning that if you have a max pressure your bags can handle, the e-Level system has no way of knowing that. My solution would be to either only fill your tank to 110 psi or so to give yourself some headroom, or put a pressure regulator on the fill line between the tank and the valve manifold.

As far as the sensors go, I'm 99% sure that the system learns each sensor individually. What kind of setup do you have that would require such a dramatically different setup side to side?

Comment

Elevel has an adjustable pressure switch with three set pressures.

In saying that, if your bags are at full extension at 125 psi, then you should be topping your shocks out.... if you feel your shock topping out, common sense tells you to stop inflating the bag.

But as a general answer, no, e level doesnt monitor pressure in each corner.

If it's a must, perhaps try airlift's system?
        Originally posted by anth
        Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by infamous2119 View Post
          As for the sensors I just wanted to have an idea of how the updated sensors worked. Just incase my front and rear needed different mounting holes.
          A difference in sensor setup front to rear you will most definitely be okay.

Another little thing to consider is whether you plan on driving with the bags topped out or not. If you do, you need a lot of headroom for pressure spikes as the suspension compresses. If you're just planning on fiddling with the touchpad when parked, then you don't need nearly as much headroom on pressure (though you still do need some).

What bags are you using that have such a low max pressure, out of curiosity?

Comment

Im using the airlift suspension for 2011 wrx sedan. I think they are maxed at 125psi im not 100% sure.

I just had them installed today and when i went through calibration its flashing three times between a 2 sec pause indicatiing that theres not enough travel on the sensors. How should I approach this?

I have the new updated sensors. Should I just bump the rod down a hole so theres more movement?

Comment

That would be what I'd probably do, just so long as moving to a hole further in on the arm won't move the sensor beyond its range when the suspension cycles.

Comment

Originally posted by infamous2119 View Post
                Im using the airlift suspension for 2011 wrx sedan. I think they are maxed at 125psi im not 100% sure.

I just had them installed today and when i went through calibration its flashing three times between a 2 sec pause indicatiing that theres not enough travel on the sensors. How should I approach this?

I have the new updated sensors. Should I just bump the rod down a hole so theres more movement?
                You can try moving the linkage to a different hole on the sensor but you may just need to find a different mounting point all together where the sensor will see more travel throughout it's range.

As for over inflating your bags, like Oxer said, you really have to try to blow one..

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Working...
                X