This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 412,000 miles of cleaning to do

Before going to SoCal Vintage my dad asked me if I would detail his car for him. What was suppose to be a simple wash and wax later turned into this! :lol:

Rims Before:

Rims After Cleaning: (Bucket filled with Soapy Water, Bottle of Simple Green, Scotts Scrub Pad, Wheel Brush, Goo Gone " for the tape from weights").

The interior was really dirty from carrying parts and wheels. Unfortunately I didn't get to many picture of the interior before I started cleaning it. I had been detailing the car all day and was starting to get tired. Anyways here are some pictures!

Before:

After: (Vacuumed Everywhere, Simple Green, Meguiars Natural Shine Interior Protectant)

Engine Before:

Engine After Cleaning & Applying Dressings: (Simple Green, Zep Degreaser and Cleaner)

When I took off the wheels I saw that the springs were pretty dirt so I sprayed them with some Zep Degreaser on them. When I sprayed them some degreaser hit the wheel well. So when I went to wash of the degreaser off the springs I noticed that the wheel well were actually painted. I got tired of seeing one really clean spot in the wheel well so decided to clean those too and knock off the majority of the dirt! I just did a quick job on these since they get dirty easily and I still had to do the rest of the car! 8)

Before:

After Cleaning: (Zep Degreaser and Cleaner, Wheel Brush)

The car was extremely dirt! Paint doesn't show dirt well but if you look at the front spoiler that's how the whole car looked.

Before: (Two Bucket System, Mothers Wash and Wax, Wash Mit)

After washing the car I noticed the paint was in good condition and only had some fine scratches. So some polish will get rid of those, no need for any major paint correction!

After Clay Bar and Polished: (Mothers Clay Bar, Mothers Showtime Clay Bar Lubricant, Mequiars Ultimate Polish, Buff and Shine Polishing Foam Pad)

Sealants Applied: (Meguiars Mirror Glaze Synthetic Sealant 2.0., Buff and Shine Finishing Foam Pad)

Finished Product: Applied (Mother Carnauba Wax, Windex Window Cleaner, Rain X, Mothers Back-to-Black Trim, Blue Magic Metal Polish, Tire Dressing, Mother Spray Wax)

Thought I would show my Dad's 412,000 mile euro e24 635csi! I feel this car is a perfect example how you can have a nice looking car thats been driven many many miles. Yes, when you drive a car it will get dirty and parts will break. But you can always clean off the dirt and replace a part! So enjoy your car, and drive it!
    Instagram: rmehrIV

Build Thread: BMW Euro e24 635csi...TLC She Needs! (Pic Heavy)

Awesome job and very true. With regular maintenance and proper care you can keep the car in great shape for a long time.
    http://www.neuemotorsports.com/

Comment

Good work! What polisher are you using?

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
      Originally posted by nickskater09
      I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

Originally posted by milano_red View Post
        Good work! What polisher are you using?
        I used Meguiars Ultimate Polish, you can get it at any general automotive store (autozone, O'Rielly, etc). The bottle has lasted me a long time, and gives great results. It is a little tricky to apply because it tends to dry pretty quickly and is a pain to wipe off. Once you get a feel for how much product to use, it works well.

I am sure better products out there, will try something else once this bottle is out. For the convenience and result of the Meguiars Ultimate Polish, I have no complaints!
        Instagram: rmehrIV

Build Thread: BMW Euro e24 635csi...TLC She Needs! (Pic Heavy)

Comment

Working...
        X