Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project E28 from the Dirty South

What's up everyone?

I'm pleased to finally announce my new project that I picked up last week. It's been a while since I've had a car I look forward to working on.... I'm stoked!

I'm trying to go back to school at the moment and the 15mpg my big murdered-out Explorer was getting just wasn't going to cut it. So I've spent the past few weeks scouring CraigsList, AutoTrader, and even eBay looking for a decent, minor-needs older European car. I was leaning towards an mid-80s MB turbo diesel like my dad's '84 300SD. Then one day my buddy Paul (Paul@RevoTechnik) called me with a "Duuude...look what I found!" conversation.

And the rest, they say, is about to make history...

Paul and I met up with the local owner of this E28. A 1985 BMW 528E shown in an odd, albeit beautiful shade of blue lowered on jen-uuu-winee E46 M3 wheels. The P.O. had had it for two years as a project car with his E36 M3 serving the daily duties. Having lost his job, he had to say goodbye to his toys. He did do a lot of maintenance to this thing though like brand new fuel pumps, new Bilstein shocks in the rear, a bunch of other stuff I just can't think of off the top of my head right now. Needless to say, I pulled the trigger and we drove it back to my house.

Even though it had new Bilsteins in the rear, the fronts needed to be replaced so these wound up on my doorstep

I picked up a set of E34 projector headlights locally (from a super cool dude with one of the cleanest E30 M3s I've seen!). I'm going to retrofit them in once DDM Tuning sends my HIDs I ordered over a week ago *pics later*

Since I'm going to be spending a lot of time sitting in glorious Atlanta traffic, I want the interior to nice and comfortable. Far from where it is now. The carpet shows its age and the leather seats have a couple big tears in them. I went to pull-a-part the other day and got some doorhandles so I don't have to roll down the window to let myself out

While I had the door panel off I decided to see what a ScotchBrite pad would do...

I'll be damned if it didn't look halfway respectable after a few minutes of elbow grease

Since it rained all day yesterday I went to the fabric store and got weird looks from old ladies. But I found some goodies!!

This pattern was kinda cool but I have mixed feelings about it

meh...

nah...

Chocolate suade! Nom Nom

ahHA! Perfect. Just what I was looking for. Chocolate/Natural White Houndstooth

to be continued...

Well I was really trying to wait to post these but I have some newb questions :p

I want this to work:

Jonathan (evilrduck) has a set of Gottis for sale HERE but I want 'em! So you other kids can get off my lawn!

He brought one over and helped me mount it today to test fit it.

Then we tried the front...

Basically they're suuuuuper close to perfect

I'm running those E46 M3 wheels that are 18x8 (Offset: +47) front with 16mm spacers and 18x9 (Offset: +27) in the rear with no spacers.

The Gottis are 16x9 (Offset +38). Jonathan said he thinks I need a total of 21mm spacer in the front and maaaybe a 5mm in the rear (the rear control arm is very close).

So to all you poke n stretch pros out there, can you help?

Thanks!
    -Paul

Comment

That color is awesome!

It's E28Fest up in hurr.

I don't know too much about stretching on 16s, but 195/45s seem to look great on 16x9s. You'll want your rear offset to be around 0. The fronts will probably be around -10 or -15. My rears are 9s and I'm at et11. Still not flush.

-1993 535i/5 NA-T

Comment

let the madness begin!!! i found a full euro front if you are interested? lights, grille, fogs, the whole nine! not cheap but very epic!
        ****** shake my hand but i keep the sanitizer on deck
        -KC

Comment

right on! We still having our steam cleaning and oil changing party this weekend?
          Western US & South American
          Regional Sales Manager
          paul.hutton@revotechnik.com
          www.RevoTechnik.com

Comment

Originally posted by Paul@RevoTechnik View Post
            right on! We still having our steam cleaning and oil changing party this weekend?
            i want to play!!!!
            -KC

Comment

Originally posted by evilrduck View Post
              i want to play!!!!
              well... come on down! haha! We are doing it at Revo...
              Regional Sales Manager
              www.RevoTechnik.com

Comment

Originally posted by Paul@RevoTechnik View Post
                well... come on down! haha! We are doing it at Revo...
                i'll bring the beer's
                -KC

Comment

Hell yeah guys. I can't wait! I'm about to go outside in this sunny 70 degrees to keep cleaning it up.

Comment

i was just outside, adjusting the NOS timing so i can run 9s... But the fuel map has a nasty hole!
                    Regional Sales Manager
                    www.RevoTechnik.com

Comment

Nice. Have to see where this goes!

Comment

Hector is running 3 Honda civics with spoon engines in them at race wars!
                        -KC

Comment

well... id like to thank god for ball bearing turbos, direct port nitrous injection, and titanium valve springs.
                          Regional Sales Manager
                          www.RevoTechnik.com

Comment

I ain't losin'. This fool is running a Honda 2000. I'll win. Then me and my dad can roll together when he gets out of prison. It's all good.
                            -KC

Comment

those gottis are going to look sick!
                              -Jorge-

Comment

Working...
                              X