Educate me, Audi content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Educate me, Audi content

This spring, I will be refreshing my 30v 2.8. New vacuum lines, sensors where needed, all top end gaskets besides head gaskets. Assuming I'm starting with a healthy motor, Somebody tell me why the below is a bad idea for 2015.

-2.7t exhaust manifolds
    -2.7t intake manfold
    -2.7t intake y shaped piping
    - Aftermarket front mount air to air intercooler
    - k03 stock replacements (or rebuild a used set)
    -proper oil feed/return lines tapped into oil pan
    All of this tuned by someone for 93 octane and 7-8lbs of boost.

My reasoning behind this, is I would not like to pull the motor until I find another car to drive. The down time would be a few weeks, but it is a lot better than attempting a swap. The 2.8 block has 2 bolt mains, and no coolant routing. Assuming the tune was good, would this setup be safe? Eventually, I would pick up 2.7t shortblock and do the official swap, but for the mean time, I am not looking to make over 270 hp. Now is the time you flame me for being so young, and asking stupid questions. Thanks.

So you want to do all that to achieve stock 2.7t power? I think its pretty clear what you should do but hey, i love watching people waste money . fyi...i sold my complete 2.7t swap for $1000.00. You'll have over that on the dyno tune.
    If you're ordering custom adapters, call 775.530.2483 to make sure you are getting exactly what you want. Thanks

follow on IG: eurotrashapparel

Comment

Working...
    X