No announcement yet.

Bmw M30 wont start has fuel and spark?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bmw M30 wont start has fuel and spark?

I recently bough an e34 535i sport with a friend of mine. The car had not run in about 5 years and was told it was running before it was parked up.
    I first off tried starting it and got nothing so i drained the tank completely and cleaned it out and cleaned the fuel pump and put in some fresh petrol i aslo by passed the fuel filter.
    I then tried starting it again and nothing, checked spark which was very good very bright and white spark and it is also getting fuel i then checked for compression by putting the car in second gear and pushing it with a friend and it was chugging as if the car had a nice bit of compression i did not have a compression tester.
    I then thought it might be over fueling so i disconnected the fuel pump dried the spark plugs turned the engine while spraying some starter fluid directly into the the throttle and still nothing not even a misfire or attempt to fire pulled a spark plug and it was wet.
    next thing i am going to try is spark timing as its about all i can think of
    Anyone have any other suggestions?? im starting to run out of ideas fast

You absolute sure that the spark is strong enough?
    I would replace the fuel filter, spark plugs, rotors and caps then take it from there. M30's are though engines.
    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Im almost 100 percent sure the spark is good its a very bright white spark alot stonger than i have seen on most cars. Im going to check distributor and things tomorrow so hope something is wrong there or else i cant explain it M30s have a name of being bulletproof so it might just be something small

Comment

I think you've tried every forum available for answers!
        Any joy?

Comment

Originally posted by e30mclow View Post
          I think you've tried every forum available for answers!
          Any joy?
          Haha I tried most I could think of. I actually got it running yesterday. Figured the piston rings were dry and stuck causing low compression so I put some WD 40 in the spark plug holes and let it soak then turned engine over to blow what was left out then put a small bit of engine oil into each cylinder to bring up compression to start it turned the key and started first swing and ran it for a bit to unseize the rings

Comment

ha ha ive read about your troubles on a few forums too. well done getting it going anyway

Comment

Working...
            X