X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustang on air, question about dump mufflers

Hi All

I recently outfitted my 2013 5.0 GT track pack Mustang with Airlift's fantastic offering for this body style. Its the first time i've had air suspension, and I'm completely in love with it. It rides just right, making this 3600 lbs beast feel like it went on a serious workout regime and cut down to a lithe little athlete.

I'm running Autopilot v2 and I do occasionally have my back seats folded down to haul things. When this is the case the exhaust from the manifold is *really* loud. Can anyone suggest a dump muffler that works with the V2? Bag riders lists some that specifically don't work for the Autopilot v2, i'm assuming because those are 3/8 and the PTC on the exhaust port of the v2 is 1/4.

As a reward for reading, here is the car (stock wheels for winter)

I know the port configuration on the V2 is pretty crowded, so why not run a short piece of hose, then a 1/4" PTC to whatever adapter? I've got this dump muffler on my setup, and it's pretty quiet. I've also tucked it out of the way, deep in the trunk, so I can't hear it much inside the passenger compartment. If you want it to be really quiet inside, you can always run your dump outside.

Good lookin' ride, by the way!

Comment

Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
      I know the port configuration on the V2 is pretty crowded, so why not run a short piece of hose, then a 1/4" PTC to whatever adapter? I've got this dump muffler on my setup, and it's pretty quiet. I've also tucked it out of the way, deep in the trunk, so I can't hear it much inside the passenger compartment. If you want it to be really quiet inside, you can always run your dump outside.

Good lookin' ride, by the way!
      I was thinking that would be a solution if there are no native 1/4 dump mufflers, and I can route it outside the car for sure.

And thanks! I love the way it looks now... stock ride height really wasn't flattering.

Comment

This says to work with V2
        Free delivery on air ride kits, shipped in 24 hours. Shop from our huge selection of in-stock air suspension kits, coilovers, air compressors, air bags, fittings and much more.

Comment

Here is how we hook our mufflers into the V2 system

Lower than you......http://www.airliftperformance.com/

Comment

Hello there Remi, glad to see another stang on air

I picked up just a 1/4npt muffler and had a PTC fitting to connect to the line, I also ran the dump line out of the trunk under the car through the spare tire wheel well. Hope this and Jeremy's post helps.

Agreed that stock height on these cars is a bit of 4x4 travel, love my slammed stang

Comment

What dump mufflers are those Jeremy?

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy@AirLift View Post
                Here is how we hook our mufflers into the V2 system

Hey, that looks pretty much like I was hoping, thanks for the info.

Originally posted by wes06 View Post
                Hello there Remi, glad to see another stang on air

I picked up just a 1/4npt muffler and had a PTC fitting to connect to the line, I also ran the dump line out of the trunk under the car through the spare tire wheel well. Hope this and Jeremy's post helps.

Agreed that stock height on these cars is a bit of 4x4 travel, love my slammed stang
                Excellent - I just ran the line out of the trunk for now and that helps a lot but now it just surprises people outside the car.

I hope we're going to see quite a few Mustangs on air in the future, these Airlift performance kits are getting a lot of attention recently. I was surprised to find out at the end of the weekend of installing, while browsing speedhunters that they had just outfitted an RTR mustang for Sema that same week. Seems to be catching on!

Originally posted by Rali@BagRiders View Post
                What dump mufflers are those Jeremy?
                Seconding this question.

Comment

Originally posted by rali@bagriders View Post
                  what dump mufflers are those jeremy?
                  p/n 21995

Lower than you......http://www.airliftperformance.com/

Comment

Once the bumps are ironed out Remi, lets start piecing together a kit for my focus st

Comment

Originally posted by Remi View Post
                      Excellent - I just ran the line out of the trunk for now and that helps a lot but now it just surprises people outside the car.

I hope we're going to see quite a few Mustangs on air in the future, these Airlift performance kits are getting a lot of attention recently. I was surprised to find out at the end of the weekend of installing, while browsing speedhunters that they had just outfitted an RTR mustang for Sema that same week. Seems to be catching on!
                      haha yea if you dont have a muffler and it dumps then itll get someone nearby to jump :P

I setup a drain/emergency fill line to the tank under with a pressure release valve, occasionally dump it for moisture and damn if it isnt loud

Comment

Working...
                      X